ROGER JOHNSON?

Solid player when he played for us. I was hoping he'd sign for us after his loan expired, and would be happy to see him come back to Hillsborough.

Not saying he's the messiah but definitely a good solid squad player to help build a title challenging team!

I'd have loved to have seen your reaction to the signing of Mick Lyons.

It's that long ago, I haven't a clue what my reaction was at the time but Lyons had played regular football for a successful side in the top tier before he came to us, the same can't be said about Johnson. As I've said he did ok when he was with us but I'd personally be underwhelmed if he came back.

He's only 32 years old, so wouldn't exactly say past his best (he's a centre half after all). 

However, I'm hopeful that we will be signing player at their peak or with lots of potential. 

Hearing from some lads close to Liam Palmer that this guy is to be first signing of the summer on a free? Roeder likes him from watching him at West Ham and feels he could do a job for us....... Makes sense to me seen as Gray has worked with him before. Would of thought wages might of been a problem but obviously not.

Semedo very close to agreeing a new two year deal too.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Semedo  i hope has his coaching badges he would be great coaching youth .

I'm not keen on Lees being the senior figure at the back, just yet ...

That ruined the the likes of Wood & Beevers

Agree with this.

Johnson is a leader and an organiser and i would sign him.

Players like Lees , Palmer , Helan are far too quiet and reticent on the pitch and we need leaders like Loovens and Johnson if we are to dominate teams