Rugby World Cup

Guest Distraught!

Rugby was invented by someone sitting on a football FACT!!! lol

Steve Evans maybe - in second thoughts, him sitting on a ball would lead to frisbee throwing not rugby.  lol

Guest Ellis Rimmer

having played both at a decent level my hypothesis is egg chasing sucks 

Who did you play for Trev?

Guest Distraught!

Rugby is for puffs[/quote

Be funny to see you say that to any rugby team.

Holmes eats NZ Haka's for breakfast.

FACT

Rugby is for puffs[/quote

Be funny to see you say that to any rugby team.

To be honest a lot of the supposed 'bonding' that went on when I played in my tens was a little bordering on the homo erotic. In fact it was a major reason why I concentrated on football when I went to uni.

Even then, every sportsmansh ball or presentation would involve rugby players getting their tails out and acting like lobbers.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

I prefer rugby as a game but you don't get the same intensity from supporters as you do with football. Like it's meant to be seen as a good thing that everyone in the rugby crowd just sits together but I think the sheer spite of football fans towards each other is actually brilliant. I mean I don't get all agressive towards the other teams fans myself but I do like to see the hand gestures between fans. And when a rival player scores against us and they come running up to the kop and all the obscenities are shouted towards them it shows that football fans really do care about their club, rugby fans really aren't as bothered i've been to many premiership finals and the losing team's supporters are nowhere near as gutted as football fans would be.

I prefer rugby as a game but you don't get the same intensity from supporters as you do with football. Like it's meant to be seen as a good thing that everyone in the rugby crowd just sits together but I think the sheer spite of football fans towards each other is actually brilliant. I mean I don't get all agressive towards the other teams fans myself but I do like to see the hand gestures between fans. And when a rival player scores against us and they come running up to the kop and all the obscenities are shouted towards them it shows that football fans really do care about their club, rugby fans really aren't as bothered i've been to many premiership finals and the losing team's supporters are nowhere near as gutted as football fans would be.

But because of that it draws more families and women to games. If it wasn't such a localised sport, rugby league could pick up loads of unengaged football fans.

Championship summer bash weekend currently on at Blackpool, 6 games, 2 days, 12 teams, all possible because the fans can be trusted to mingle together. Millennium weekend in Newcastle next weekend, same set up.

Couldn't really do that in football which I find quite sad.

But because of that it draws more families and women to games. If it wasn't such a localised sport, rugby league could pick up loads of unengaged football fans.

Championship summer bash weekend currently on at Blackpool, 6 games, 2 days, 12 teams, all possible because the fans can be trusted to mingle together. Millennium weekend in Newcastle next weekend, same set up.

Couldn't really do that in football which I find quite sad.

Even if you could the ground would not be big enough to satisfy demand for 6 teams worth of fans.

Even if you could the ground would not be big enough to satisfy demand for 6 teams worth of fans.

Probably not. But you could sell out wembley quite easily for three games of football, especially with teams who traditionally have low crowds. The point is you wouldn't even get it off the ground, the second you suggested mixing 6 fan groups together.

ame="Claudio Tankisco" post="6030100" timestamp="1432381404"]

To be honest a lot of the supposed 'bonding' that went on when I played in my tens was a little bordering on the homo erotic. In fact it was a major reason why I concentrated on football when I went to uni.

Even then, every sportsmansh ball or presentation would involve rugby players getting their tails out and acting like lobbers.

I rest my case plus whats all that scrum about?  Getting your head close to someones bottom.  Very strange 

Rugby is a game for Hooligans played by Gentlemen, where as Football is a game for Gentlemen played by Hooligans.

UTO's

It's described perfectly here

“Rugby League is a simple game, played by simple people, Rugby Union is a complex game played by Wankersâ€

~ Laurie Daley