Steve McLaren

Guest Strap

Under gray, even when we've had Strikers avalible, at hme he has played awful backs to the wall football. And if we're not draw come the 80th min he'll put all our strikers on at once. Gray thinks a point, is one that's earned. You get the same points for losing four and winning two, as you do drawing six games.

Under gray, even when we've had Strikers avalible, at hme he has played awful backs to the wall football. And if we're not draw come the 80th min he'll put all our strikers on at once. Gray thinks a point, is one that's earned. You get the same points for losing four and winning two, as you do drawing six games.

When we had strikers available, when was this? The last time we could call on any half decent strikers, is when we had Wickham and Fryatt. Suffice to say, we had no problem scoring back then

When we had strikers available, when was this? The last time we could call on any half decent strikers, is when we had Wickham and Fryatt. Suffice to say, we had no problem scoring back then

We ned a new cult, should it be the old Gray that we all know and most trust or do we go for the modern "Ash Blonde" ?

Let's face it, any one who is close to a ginger knows they all go Gray !

Pretty much failed at Derby with the talent he has had at his disposal as well as the financial backing.   If he couldn't deliver under those circumstances, then its a big NO from me.   

Edited by Ronio

Guest Strap

Nuhiu, may, madine, keane, maguire, bus, I'm probably forgetting someone too. You don't need premiership strikers to score goals in this league. Gray wouldn't know what to do with good strikers.

Wickham and Fryatt were clearly linked to DJ.

Guest shakesby

libertine .... please do us all a favour ... next time you come up

with a brilliant idea with tremendoius insight into

managerial staff at S6 .... do us all a favour .....DROP DEAD.

Slightly harsh.

Thing about McLaren (except from the weird hair) is that I still can't work out whether he's any good or not. 

He seems to do either quite well or be a bit of a disaster. 

Everything seemed set in place for him at Derby and when he took over he seemed to be doing a great job. 

In fact he was going a great job up until about February and then proceeded to an absolutely horrible job for the rest of the season. 

Bizarre to not know whether a guy - who has actually won stuff - is a good manager or not.

sounds like gary megson!

Is this the same Steve McLaren that managed the England team a few years back, had the opportunity to pick the best players our country has to offer and failed to even qualify for Euro 2008? Sven Gormless Sony Ericcson's assistant?

If he was to become our manager, I would have to make a smiley for the Head to Head section of the OMDT and would have to trace round all those horrible ripples on his neck in photoshop...

post-34006-0-67504900-1432252837.jpg

I don't like him.

So failed so badly as England manager he had to hide in Europe for 4 years. "proved" himself in holland so went to a big league in Germany and flopped. Returned to a club that thought he was a legend, and blew it.

Lasted a third as long as Stuart Pearce at Forest.

Took arguably the most expensive side in this league from top in March to not even in the playoffs (and people gripe we went from 8th in Nov to not in the playoffs).

But won a league cup with Middlesbrough. Based on that I'd rather have big ron back.