Where does the small budget "fear " come from?

I'm worried due to what staff, players and other Wednesdayites have told me.

I've heard that the owner doesn't intend to spend much more than we did last season, and that the hike in season ticket prices was to help with the cost of the pitch.

The owner has a delusion that we will be in the top 2 next season and the ground will be packed.

Maguire was complaining to someone about the terms he's been offered and thinks the club wont be spending anything either.

I hope they're wrong, because I find it hard to believe that someone would spend £30 million + on a business and not try to take it to the next level. I was never expecting millions to be spent on players, but I do expect to sign better players than what we have done previously to justify the hike in season ticket prices.

It's a big season for us and the level of expectation just increased. A quiet summer transfer window would result in a very negative atmosphere around the club. 

Like i said he is worth £326 million.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm simply passing on what I've been told. And I'm obviously not going to name the players and staff.

I hope they are wrong, but my early optimism has been shot down by this information. When you get told the same thing from a number of people within the club, it starts to become credible.

would the players be in the know about budgets and such ,or do they like us guess what will be spent ,budgets are usually kept between the people who need to know ie owner and management staff otherwise could cause discord among'st the players who would think why ami not worth as much as him and so forth ,,

would the players be in the know about budgets and such ,or do they like us guess what will be spent ,budgets are usually kept between the people who need to know ie owner and management staff otherwise could cause discord among'st the players who would think why ami not worth as much as him and so forth ,,

Gi oer wi common sense Trev you ought to know better.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm simply passing on what I've been told. And I'm obviously not going to name the players and staff.

I hope they are wrong, but my early optimism has been shot down by this information. When you get told the same thing from a number of people within the club, it starts to become credible.

You've obviously been talking to the same staff member I have.

Don't worry, if it's negative news then people won't believe you, unlike when it's positive and they are falling over themselves to believe it. It's the Owlstalk way.

Like I've said before, I hope it's not right what I've heard. But I've absolutely no reason not to believe him.

This thread

gary megson

Don't people get bored of discussing things which we know absolutely nothing about.

That's the thing isn't it? I'm sure people are just making up sh1tt and then other people turn into fannies worry about the made up sh1tt

Well by August half of you will be right and half of you will have been talking absolute bovine waste.

Personally I don't think any of us knows enough to even guess what's going to happen, so I won't be doing so :rolleyes:

Not really Dukeries. Like many, I'm feeling positive about the future under Mr C and have no reason to think otherwise. That's all. Will be re-assessing over time based on performance (in all areas). Not making any claims as to what the budget would be and trying to stay level headed about it. I am expecting us to be more competitive in the wage department than in recent years and must confess I'd be disappointed if we're not.

I've not doubt that Mr Chansiri will fund signings this summer but I'd be absolutely amazed if the big summer spending spree some are expecting takes place.

My own personal belief is that the wage bill will see a slight increase and we may see the odd transfer fee of around £200k-£500k spent but that'll be about it.

I'm not in the know and I don't have any inside information, I've just seen nothing to suggest otherwise, I think the players we bought in during the January transfer window were a big clue to the direction we're going to be taking and after the last 15 years of constant let downs, I've learned not too expect too much when it comes to Sheffield Wednesday.

I've not doubt that Mr Chansiri will fund signings this summer but I'd be absolutely amazed if the big summer spending spree some are expecting takes place.

My own personal belief is that the wage bill will see a slight increase and we may see the odd transfer fee of around £200k-£500k spent but that'll be about it.

I'm not in the know and I don't have any inside information, I've just seen nothing to suggest otherwise, I think the players we bought in during the January transfer window were a big clue to the direction we're going to be taking and after the last 15 years of constant let downs, I've learned not too expect too much when it comes to Sheffield Wednesday.

Two of the January signings cost seven figure fees.