Where does the small budget "fear " come from?

Anyone who believes a guy would pay thirty odd million quid for a football club, spend a large amount on a state of the art pitch, state he will spend whatever it takes, then penny pinches by cutting wages, needs their head looking at

Don't talk sense man

Doesn't bode well on here

lol

As with any of these things time will only tell. 

We may not be spending astronomical fees/wages, but I have no doubt that our budget will have increased a fair bit from MM's time in charge. 

It seems on OT that we are either signing Wickham or Akinfenwa. 

Whether or not January's recruits were a sign of things to come I have no idea (young, foreign talent), but we really need to wait and see before everyone starts having a massive spaz attack.

Edited by SiJ

if he isn't going to spend on players why ditch the ones we had ,,and as others have said the money already put in speaks volumes ,what's the point of all that and keeping a mediochre side together , sorry but common sense decrees that reaching the prem in 2017 will rely on better players being bought in , otherwise it would be pointless in saying so ,

if he isn't going to spend on players why ditch the ones we had ,,and as others have said the money already put in speaks volumes ,what's the point of all that and keeping a mediochre side together , sorry but common sense decrees that reaching the prem in 2017 will rely on better players being bought in , otherwise it would be pointless in saying so ,

Exactly. 

He's not much of a business man if his master strategy was to spend 30 million on a football club and then precede to strip away at it. 

Guest Strap

Why would a Wednesday fan want to make negative stories up about Wednesday -genuine question i just don't get it.

They're not really negative stories though. Everything's just speculation until something happens, despite what's posted on here.

Trev, from memory (and I accept it's getting worse) didn't we release more players last year ? We were still under Milan's budget then but we still managed to bring in Lees and Westwood (and May cough, cough) and ran with a smaller squad, pepole on here have consistantly said this last season that we are 4 to 6 players away from a good squad and I don't think many of those we've released this year will have caused much weakness but the wages released can and will be spent towards improvements especially if we have got an improved wage budget (£2mill according to some on here)..

Exactly.

He's not much of a business man if his master strategy was to spend 30 million on a football club and then precede to strip away at it.

But he is a business man that has bought into a market he knows little about, he's therefore still taking the advice from the former owner (and his assistant PA) until such time as he has his own people around him he feels he can trust...

I know we've had years of empty promises and, recently, a few years of "spin" but I think we needn't worry now because our new chairman very much looks like he delivers on his promises. 

It's just that, time after time of false dawns and false hope. It's natural to be sceptical, even still. Until I see money being spent on good players I am still slightly nervous that we'll be disappointed. I can't help it. 

It's just that, time after time of false dawns and false hope. It's natural to be sceptical, even still. Until I see money being spent on good players I am still slightly nervous that we'll be disappointed. I can't help it.

And that Sir says it all for the vast majority of Wednesday supporters !

not arguing with your logic captain , but to go forward we do need better ,we won't reach the prem with players of the ilk we have had at S6 for years , all be it for such as westwood and maybe a couple of others who look as though they could step up we are no where near a side that could do what is needed for the final push wanted .,

But he is a business man that has bought into a market he knows little about, he's therefore still taking the advice from the former owner (and his assistant PA) until such time as he has his own people around him he feels he can trust...

He might not be a football fan but it's not like he has been living in a bubble and just found out about this sport called 'football'.

He might not be a football fan but it's not like he has been living in a bubble and just found out about this sport called 'football'.

Sorry mate I don't get your point, I like Mars bars and have known about them for sometime but I couldn't make one, never mind market it, distribute it and advertise it.

So why wouldn't he be taking advice ?

They're not really negative stories though. Everything's just speculation until something happens, despite what's posted on here.

pork

I can't say I've seen anything to suggest the budget will be cut, however I don't believe it will be spend, spend, spend either, yep Mr C has said he want's us to be in the Premier League in 2 years (a challenge for any team) but I am equally dure many other wealthy managers buying into non Prem. teams will also be saying similar things (didn't Milan ?).

Mr C stated when he took over that it wasn't about throwing money at it but more about spending "smart", therefore my belief is that with bringing in the "advisors" he will be using there knowledge to find hidden gems rather than big names.

So for this season it will be a smaller but bettersquad with a few loanee's, that will leave us more to spend next year if we need to or hopefuly more to build a Premier squad with...

But that's just one opinion amongst many...

Inclined to agree with you. In the past few seasons its not so much that we've been short on players but rather short of the right quality. We've not competed generally speaking for players coveted by many championship clubs. I expect this to be different this summer.