Goodbye Mr Gray?

Jurgen Klopp. Are you f*cking serious?

He'd never come here and would never go to a Championship club but Chansiri is ambitious and there's no excuses no more there is a considerable higher standard of coaches available.

So, let's see if Chansiri is serious and has got the money to take us where he said he will.

Suggestions like Klopp are both frightening and hilarious at the same time.

It's not a suggestion but he's linked with Brentford.

It all comes down to personal opinion. You either feel Gray's good enough/deserves a chance to get us into the prem or you don't.

Given ST prices if Gray's still here and after a month we are still playing negative/stick pins in your eyes type of football, they'll be calls for his head.

If it was the same type of football under Allardyce then it would be viewed more as a means to an end to get us to where we want to be as he has a proven track record. If anyone of the Gray lovers on here can prove to me then that Gray's track record is as good as Big Sam's, I'll stop arguing the to$$ on this particular subject.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Guest owl from retford

I dont get time to read full threads as i work 13 hour shifts in middle of one now . I was just going on rumours Gray will go if there is any truth in somebody new coming in it will be interesting to see who it is. Pure speculation at the minute but always believe in new owners wanting there own men at the helm. Whatever the outcome we need to make a decision soon so we can start to rebuild the squad

Guest shakesby

Suggestions like Klopp are both frightening and hilarious at the same time.

The thing is it's been mentioned several times too on here the past few days.

Why on earth would Klopp go from managing a champions league, recently Bundesliga champions, to a mid-table championship side when he will have the pick of any top 5 club in England when there manager goes?

It's just borderline insanity speaking. On top of that he's mentioned in the same breadth as f*cking Mark Warburton for Christ's sake - a guy who used to be an investment banker and learned his trade managing Sunday league sides. Flipping eck.

I really do feel sorry for Chansiri, I don't think he realises what he's got into.

Guest shakesby

He'd never come here and would never go to a Championship club but Chansiri is ambitious and there's no excuses no more there is a considerable higher standard of coaches available.

So, let's see if Chansiri is serious and has got the money to take us where he said he will.

He's not been linked with Brentford. Sky bet have just made him a low price to mug a few punters into sticking some money on him.

And even if he was a serious candidate (which he's not and never will be), why would he choose Sheffield over London? Money won't matter to him.

On top of that you've said it's time for Chansiri to show his ambition - what by getting a manager who has won the Bundesliga, and got his side to the champions league final in the last 5 years? Oreyt mate.

It all comes down to personal opinion. You either feel Gray's good enough/deserves a chance to get us into the prem or you don't.

Given ST prices if Gray's still here and after a month we are still playing negative/stick pins in your eyes type of football, they'll be calls for his head.

If it was the same type of football under Allardyce then it would be viewed more as a means to an end to get us to where we want to be as he has a proven track record. If anyone of the Gray lovers on here can prove to me then that Gray's track record is as good as Big Sam's, I'll stop arguing the to$$ on this particular subject.

Exactly there are plenty of proven coaches available now and we're got a richer more ambitious owner or so we are led to believe and hope. 

When Gray was given the time there was just the likes of Ince; Pearce, Warnock, Evans and Holloway, etc available.

Someone more experienced and/or proven and with better contacts/pedigree in the game could accelerate Chansiri's plans and ambitions.

It's a no brainer if there is a better standard of coaches available, which there are atm.

Guest totemowl

It's the players we need to take us where he said he will. That's where the money needs spending.

I agree we need to beef up our coaching staff though, and am thankful the building blocks are being put in place to do that.

He's not been linked with Brentford. Sky bet have just made him a low price to mug a few punters into sticking some money on him.

And even if he was a serious candidate (which he's not and never will be), why would he choose Sheffield over London? Money won't matter to him.

On top of that you've said it's time for Chansiri to show his ambition - what by getting a manager who has won the Bundesliga, and got his side to the champions league final in the last 5 years? Oreyt mate.

No by getting someone better. I.e any of those names and many others that are currently available that have got a proven record of success and a big pulling power/pedigree than Gray 

who only got the job because he was a cheap option and there was no-one decent available at the time. No-one as even said Klopp should be who we bring in, we should merely compete with others at this level for the best available talent at this level. If that means the likes of Clement linked with Derby then so be it. As ever the best talent will be mopped up elsewhere if we merely stand still.

Guest shakesby

No by getting someone better. I.e any of those names and many others that are currently available that have got a proven record of success and a big pulling power/pedigree than Gray

who only got the job because he was a cheap option and there was no-one decent available at the time. No-one as even said Klopp should be who we bring in, we should merely compete with others at this level for the best available talent at this level. If that means the likes of Clement linked with Derby then so be it. As ever the best talent will be mopped up elsewhere if we merely stand still.

I do actually agree. There's some excellent managers available at present and I'd be surprised if Chansiri hasn't had his ear pricked by Roeder.

My post about Klopp wasn't just directed at you either buddy.

If correct.........

New state of the art pitch

New state of the art scoreboard

New Head Coach, rated highly in Europe

Significant player recruitment to follow

And a summer of match fishing that promises much (especially in the North and Midlands)

Not trying to he funny but, it said foreign, not necessarily Europe based. Don't use twitter so I've not seen all the posts if elsewhere made clear that it was a European coach as a possible.

(FWIW I'm in the Stay with Gray camp for now).

Edited by themaskedowl

If hes been linked with Brentford somebody is having a laugh.

The thing is it's been mentioned several times too on here the past few days.

Why on earth would Klopp go from managing a champions league, recently Bundesliga champions, to a mid-table championship side when he will have the pick of any top 5 club in England when there manager goes?

It's just borderline insanity speaking. On top of that he's mentioned in the same breadth as f*cking Mark Warburton for Christ's sake - a guy who used to be an investment banker and learned his trade managing Sunday league sides. Flipping eck.

I really do feel sorry for Chansiri, I don't think he realises what he's got into.

Shows what you know then pal

I have it on good authority Klopp will be unveiled first thing tomorrow morning along with Pedro and Drogba as our first summer signings