Goodbye Mr Gray?

A fair point but the final league position shows imo that our home form was an aberration - regression to the mean alone would see a boost in our home form next year, not to mention the addition of more attack-minded players who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and a new pitch that actually enables us to get the ball down on the floor instead of hoofing it three feet over Nuhiu's head. I'd at least give him a chance, it would seem hugely unfair to sack our manager after our most successful season in years.

Fair point,in all honesty,rightly or wrongly I think this has been one of the weakest championships in years and he has struggled.

I really don't dislike the bloke but I honestly cannot see the point in wasting time and money on him when we will only have to start from scratch when he has achieved promotion.

Chansiri wants to get into the Premier League in two years.  If he really means that, then these sort of decisions may have to be taken.  

For all the good work Gray has done, he has been very steady.  There is no doubting he has progressed us.  But does he have it in him to progress us at a much quicker pace from now on?  Is he tactically strong enough to force that?  I'm unsure - I'm not saying sack him but equally I would back Chansiri if he did decide to bring his own Head Coach in.  He's paid £40m for us, he is well within his rights to change the Head Coach he inherited.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Do you think gray would accept a position in the backroom or coaching area if chansiri was to replace him?

Chansiri wants to get into the Premier League in two years.  If he really means that, then these sort of decisions may have to be taken.  

For all the good work Gray has done, he has been very steady.  There is no doubting he has progressed us.  But does he have it in him to progress us at a much quicker pace from now on?  Is he tactically strong enough to force that?  I'm unsure - I'm not saying sack him but equally I would back Chansiri if he did decide to bring his own Head Coach in.  He's paid £40m for us, he is well within his rights to change the Head Coach he inherited.

He might have to reassess that two year thing, given how long it's taking him to sort this three man committee

Guest John Junior

Stuart Gary has taken us as far as his skills and abilities can take us,we finished in a respectable position.now it's time for a new era with a new style of play under a new management team with brand new ideas to take us to the premiership.Mark Warburton or David weir or gus poyet even...

How many rumours in The Mirror come true.

This guy doesn't say stuff for the sake of it, there will be some weight behind it.

He's bang on the money time and time again with Wednesday. He called Baker and Vermijl before anyone else in the January transfer window.

He might have to reassess that two year thing, given how long it's taking him to sort this three man committee

Why?  We aren't even at the end of May yet.  He's brought in multiple 'advisors' already with strong pedigrees who will be leading our transfer efforts.  Sure one left to take on a higher-paying and more influential role at Leeds, so be it.  That is no reflection on Chansiri or how he operates.  Until there is such time as to doubt his leadership, the undermining of his ambition is a bit uncalled for.  And if Chansiri wants to take his time sorting out who his Head Coach should be, then that is fine also - the other advisors will be leading the transfer efforts so he can be a bit more calculated in making sure he gets his decision sorted out.  

Everything isn't a call for disaster and panic.  Cheer up and try and enjoy it.

Apparently we're looking at a foreign coach and Gray's future is in doubt.

Source- reluctantnicko on twitter. Mirror journalist who is usually spot on with transfer deals and what not.

Interesting.

Can't see anything on his timeline unless I've skipped past it?

Scratch that , seen it now .

Edited by Saxondale

Wouldn't surprise me.

Think he's done a commendable job, but I just can't see him bring the bloke to steer the club to promotion.

Wish people wouldn't patronise him by suggesting that he is kept on and demoted back to just another coach.

Think he'd find that more insulting than getting his p.45.

Obviously no idea how accurate the op will be but here what I think.

Said it time and time agin, just because we have been dismal for so long as a club on and off the field doesn't mean we should be celebrating a 13th place finish in the championship. We shouldn't gauge succes on our past failures. It's a bit of progress and he's done a decent job with the restrictions he's had, but if we can move Sheffield Wednesday forward and employ a better head coach with more knowledge, better tactics and attacking philosophy amongst other attributes then we should look to progress. Gray comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke who has done a decent job, but we should be aiming as high as possible, that's the way the industry is, like it or lump it.

Whatever happens it might not work out for whoever is in charge, but as a football club we should always be striving for improvement. If that means replacing players then we do it, changing how we operate commercially then do it, changes to the coaching staff/academy/physio/nutritionist even the bloody tea lady then do it. If it means we bring in a new head coach who has a better chance of success then we should do it.

I support SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY and want what's best for the club, not what's best for individuals.

Edited by jonesy87shef

Stuart Gary has taken us as far as his skills and abilities can take us,we finished in a respectable position.now it's time for a new era with a new style of play under a new management team with brand new ideas to take us to the premiership.Mark Warburton or David weir or gus poyet even...

DAVID WEIR???