Will the pitch be ready in time?

At the risk of being a construction bore - and based on my experience and meetings with pitch contractors in the past - you're looking at circa 12-14 weeks for a new pitch, plus another couple of weeks for Desso.

This is based on the assumption that there's new drainage, new irrigation, new underfloor heating, etc.

I worked on the St George's Park project and, for example, we handed over the Elite pitch to the FA in October (once we'd seeded it) and within a matter of weeks they were having to cut the grass. So seeding and allowing the grass time to grow isn't really a concern.

Giving the pitch time to bed in is though.

Given when they started ripping up our old 'pitch' I'd say they've got their work cut out to be ready for the new season, especially if we're having Desso.

You can all wake up now........zzzzz

For some reason I can't reply and have people's post quoted. That or I've forgotten how to do it!

asteener1867 - Yes, stitched directly into the soil. I watched and chatted to a Dutch contractor do the pitch at the Keepmoat before it opened. It was a tracked machine that injected the soil with strands and then rolled on an inch and did it again. Very boring and time consuming!

keefdave - I've only ever seen it done after seeding to be honest.

Hows the Desso thing work then?.....grow the grass then add the plastic?....or is it like a mixture of turf squares with synthetic stuff already added...

..it's like carpet tiles ...big un's ..and we get extra to swap round if we drop beer and wine on it .. 

that's what i want to know, we need to know right now !  :biggrin:

You won't be f.ookin' laughin' when we turnip..sorry turn up..on a bloody half grown plasti/sand mess..wiv an electric telly sparkin'; sparks an' spellin' mistakes all over the place...will ya..?

Freakin' Helan tearin' up the left an' suddenly flyin' face first into a sand dune?...May stood on the top of a Rockery shoutin' "Freedom!!"...Nuhiu tiptoein through the tulips...

It needs sorting Steve.....F.ookin' end up with Titschmarsh playin' wide right at this rate