Nowakowski brothers - 1960s?

Just finished reading "The football man" by Arthur Hopcraft - football journalist from the 60s - describing the game as he saw it then (was published in the 60s, but been reissued a few years ago, after he passed away) - really good read, very insightful and quite thought provoking.

Lots of mention of Wednesday, mainly positive, with good section on Derek Dooley.

He also mentions the Nowakowski brothers who played for us in the 60s??? I don't think that I ever remember hearing about these - anyone on here have any memories of them? I'd be really interested to hear what they were like as players and how they got on......?

Ta

Guest minsk owl

There were three  Nowakowski brothers, .....  Stan(islav), usually played no 7 for the reserves,  Kaz, usually no 4 , in the Central League, ........... and a younger brother ( can't remember his first name ) , but i think he only played for the youth team in the Northern Intermediate.

There was an article in the Star / Green'un  shortly after they signed,  and the title was  " Hillsborough's N squad "

Thanks very much Minsk - that's probably why I'd not heard of them - you've got a good memory to remember the Star headlines - shame for them that their careers never took off, and reinforces how hard it is /was for anyone to make it professionally - I never got further than dobcroft & silverdale school teams!:-)