evolution or revolution

Now the season has ended will we embark on a player revolution or will it be evolution. I guess the retained list will go a long way towards answering this question.I think evolution is the way to go with a gradual improvement if we go down the revolution path we risk losing what we have already got. 

I hope evolution, in the sense that we need to keep the Spine of this side and improve out wide and up front

With so many out of contract, or more to the point, so few remaining in contract, it hard to see that it can be evolution. Probably only 2 or 3 who most on here would definitely offer contracts to. Maybe the same again, might potentially get an offer. Even if, say, 6 sign, it would still leave us needing to sign 8 or 9 players to bring the squad up to strength. That's without upgrading some of those who aren't out of contract. Tricky

With so many out of contract ,and with a large percentage of those being deadwood who will defiantly be booking the removal men , its got to be Revolution this summer. 

As Guru has just pointed out ,even if we resign half a dozen , its still going to be a massive squad rebuild. 

Mr Chansari wants promotion within two seasons ,so now aint the time for sentiment , its time to ship out players that arnt going to get us promoted ( out of contract or in contract ) and bring in better quality that will achieve the new owners goal. 

I think we need 10 regardless but that includes offering new deals to semedo loovens, lee, Maguire and not really moving too many of those under contract on.

We need to keep the same ethic and professionalism so I hope it's a case of evolving and building rather than a rip up and start again

I think we need 10 regardless but that includes offering new deals to semedo loovens, lee, Maguire and not really moving too many of those under contract on.

We need to keep the same ethic and professionalism so I hope it's a case of evolving and building rather than a rip up and start again

Yep, I also favour evolution, with maybe only five or six players brought in as first team match day starters. The rest could be talented youngsters who we could develop and bring through when required. For example, I couldn't see the point of having three thirty year old defenders as back up. Keep the nucleus of the squad together but upgrade in the areas where we are weak

Which of the present players could play in the Premiership? Three may be four at a push.  

Has to be revolution.  Even though I'm a fan of evolution I wanna see Wednesday achieve something in the next few seasons.  Not in ten years time (don't think I'll last that long anyway).

Fed up of being in the crappy lower leagues, time we claimed our destiny and become the Champions of Europe.

I believe we have a better chance of achieving this through building on a solid foundation. A lot of sides below us have expensive sides with no character. It means nothing unless people are at the club for the right reasons

Plus if things dont go to plan and if new players don't gel quickly it's nice to have some players like semedo and co to have around to ensure we don't turn out performances like Newcastle United

I believe we have a better chance of achieving this through building on a solid foundation. A lot of sides below us have expensive sides with no character. It means nothing unless people are at the club for the right reasons

Plus if things dont go to plan and if new players don't gel quickly it's nice to have some players like semedo and co to have around to ensure we don't turn out performances like Newcastle United

Yes quite