makeover and levelling off

I always thought there was a 6ft slope of the pitch down towards the kop.  Good for us playing downhill in the second half towards our own fans.  Is this right?

Are we going to completely level the pitch?

fraid so by the look of things. :columbo:

The Club had previously announced plans to increase the capacity at Hillsborough to almost 45,000. This was primarily through the proposed expansion of the Leppings Lane End, including the building of an additional tier and the 'filling in' of the corner between this and the South Stand. This was in the hope that England would win the bid to stage the 2018 World Cup (Hillsborough was listed as one of the potential venues). However the failure of this bid, means that plans have been shelved for the time being. They may be 'dusted off' if the Club gain promotion to the Premier League.

There will be no cladding, or any other works, to the Lepp until we've sustained Premier League football for 2 years.

Then we'd see a new stand. Source: Paul Aldridge.

We've had a change of owner since then.  What was said under MM is no longer relevant.  I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the op.

There will be no cladding, or any other works, to the Lepp until we've sustained Premier League football for 2 years.

Paul who he's yesterday's news, fish and chips paper isn't he?

In reality its been well below that for ages with the NW corner closed and segregation probably about 37k

Guess so just wondered if this changes the official capacity listed for Hillsborough with the removal of seats.

You must be gutted...all those sly digs at the club...irrelevant now lol

Guess so just wondered if this changes the official capacity listed for Hillsborough with the removal of seats.

We might no longer have the biggest ground outside the premier league. Still some folks have said for ages the grounds too big for us

Guest WESTENDOWL

The slope should be easy to work out just measure the height of the wall on the Leppings lane end of the north stand then the height at the kop end take one from the other

The stand has completely been rebuilt since then. Admittedly I still don't know the answer to your question though.

As far as I'm aware the Stand is still constant with Archibald Leitche's design. Even before the Euro refurb upgrade, the tunnel always went down to pitch level.

That's the one. Cheers mate.

IIRC, it was said to be Hillsborough.

From what I remember as a nipper the old south stand terracing had an uncovered walkway between it & the main south stand. I seem to remember that the walkway was below the level of the terracing & you had to climb some steps to get onto the terracing. It's possible that from the changing rooms in the south stand the players had to go down steps to the walkway & then back up again to the pitch. It's a long time ago so I might be totally wide of the mark.