makeover and levelling off

Chatting to some of the contractors in the cafe this morning who told me that the cladding to give the Leppings Lane end a new makeover will be delivered this week.

They also said that the levelling process will see pitch level rise by over 3ft at the Kop end resulting in the first 2 definitely, and maybe 3 front rows being removed as they would be below pitch level.

I've heard for a while those rows were going, so I doubt they sold those seats

Like you I heard some time ago that the first three rows would be going but you can still select those seats on the website to buy season tickets.

Why did neither of you mention this sooner?

I believe it has been mentioned on here by more than one Owlstalker & I think Biggs mentioned that the pitch level would be raised in one of his "insightful" articles in the Star/Telegraph.

I'm sure back in the day that Spurs had standing lower than the pitch level.

But I might just have been trashed and it looked that way from the floor. :unsure:

You may be right but Everton's old away end terrace behind the goal was definately below ground level if you were stood near the front.

Was there when Andy Blair scored in our first season back on Div 1 in '85 and my eyes were level with pitch.

Pretty sure i was there for 2 Boxing day games in succession too in the 90's?

Hirsty definately scored a winner in one of 'em.

Edited by Pulsar