Player Ratings - SEASON EDITION

Westwood - 10 - outstanding. In the team of the year, which says it all.

Kirkland - 8 - for a keeper of his ability, to be prepared to sit on the bench and not complain and then perform as he has done, shows what a great professional he is.

Palmer - 6 - improved before his injury, needs to work on his crossing.

Vermijl - 4 - disappointing. Hopefully a pre season to settle in will help, but he's already 3rd choice. Doesn't have a great injury record either.

Buxton - 7 - based on his performances at right back, he's still one of the best. Shame we don't get to see it often enough.

Loovens - 8 - absolute rock in the middle, his influence has been sorely missed. Does give away an awful lot of fouls though.

Lees - 8 - looks shaky without loovens, but defo one of the bargains of last summer. Premier league quality.

Dielna - 5 - looked class for a couple of games, then went to pot. In and out the side won't have helped, wonder if we'll see a different side to him next year.

Zayette - 6 - done reasonably well, especially considering his kamikaze reputation. Not quite good enough overall though.

Helan - 5 - had a purple patch mid way, but injuries and fitness concerns seem to affect him. Heard a rumour he's had some personal issues this season which have affected him.

Mattock - 5 - part of a solid defence, but arguably the weak link. Doesn't offer enough for my liking, left back is an issue for us.

Maguire - 5 - chipped in with goals towards the end, but it's been a poor season by his standards. Gives the ball away too often, despite being one of our best players with the ball at his feet.

Maghoma - 4 - got a few assists but he's looked poor too often. Leaves his fullback exposed, and poor decision making too often.

Isgrove - 6 - looked good in his short spell, another one from the Southampton youth production line that'll probably go on to be quite decent.

Drenthe - 7 - shame he wasn't here long term. I think he offered quality, but with questionable temperament. Disappointed in the club for failing to secure a replacement.

Hutchinson - 4 - I rate hutchinson. But, too many fouls, too many missed games, and when you watch semedo and melo, he's got to be better in that holding midfield role. Could he be a future centre back?

Semedo - 8 - been excellent this year, still doesn't offer enough going forward, but does a stand out job screening the back four.

Melo - 6 - looks decent, not seen enough of him to make a solid judgement but I think he could be a great prospect.

Coke - 2 - disappointing. Far too inconsistent, not an attacking midfielder and not a defensive midfielder.

Mccabe - 0 - goodbye.

Corry - 0 - goodbye

Lee - 7 - struggled in some games but has been outstanding in others. Chipped in with goals too, something his colleagues have largely failed to do. Classy little footballer.

Lavery - 6 - still a bit wasteful in front of goal, but he's a different type of player that we missed this season.

May - 2 - poor. Will be lucky to still be here next season. Weakest of the 5 strikers.

Bus - 5 - looked sharp til his injury, another player who hopefully kicks on in pre season.

Nuhiu - 6 - marmite character, but stats suggest the team plays better with him in the side. Should have scored a lot more goals, and will need to next season.

Madine - 0 - goodbye

Keane - 6 - looked decent,ultimately doesn't look like scoring enough for our needs Though. I'd be interested to see how he did with a full season injury free.

the poorest players I have seen this year are maghoma as I think he has been lazy whith the exception of a couple of games. He could be good if he put in a shift on a regular basis. Hutchinson purely because every time he goes to tackle I worry he will get sent of. Would be grate if he calmed down a little. Obviously my opinion is limited to 6 games plus TV games so there're many I have not seen play.

The thing with Maghoma is that even when he knew his contract was almost up he still didn't improve his performance and effort, at least with a player like JJ for example he would perform towards the end of his contract (don't get me wrong that annoyed me) but Maghoma didn't even do that.

Maghoma has been shocking and rightly gets pelt but he's been no worse than Hutchinson or Helen. The few time Hutchinson has actually played he's been poor and Helens performances over the last ten games have been nothing short of embarrassing

Agree 100%. Helan looks so out of his depth sometimes and Hutchinson has been such a let down since we gave him that 2 year contract.

Really can't understand what people have against Mattock - very solid full back.

This ! He's no Ashley Cole but look how many goals helan has contributed to us conceding of late and his all round positioning. As I say mattock is no world beater but I'd happily keep him as back up with a new left back replacing the hopefully shipped out dielna and helan

Edited by james o connor

Westwood 10

Buxton 4

Palmer 6

vermijl 5

Lees 9

Loovens 8

Zayatte 6

Dielna 4

Mattock 7

Helan 4

Maguire 6