Player Ratings - SEASON EDITION

Re: Maghoma, just checked, he is the club's top assister this season with 7..Not great but still deserving of at least some credit.

That's the problem, those stats suggest he does have the ability and when he is on it he looks like he can glide past players with ease.

The problem is that all too often he is not on it and when he is playing poorly he doesn't have other basic parts to his game like work rate and battling qualities to turn it around so he looks absolutely shuffle.

Guest wilyfox

And weren't 3 of those 7 assists in one game against Millwall? He's struggled. For a winger to go a whole league season without managing to score is poor. Maghoma's role is all about goals and assists. None of one, and not enough of the other. Dude gotta go.

That's the problem, those stats suggest he does have the ability and when he is on it he looks like he can glide past players with ease.

The problem is that all too often he is not on it and when he is playing poorly he doesn't have other basic parts to his game like work rate and battling qualities to turn it around so he looks absolutely shuffle.

Agree with all that. I just don't think he should be made a scapegoat like he is. A frustrating player who will move on but has contributed this season.

Agree with Wilyfox - the players (aside from the likes of Maghoma and Coke) have worked fairly hard this season within their limitations. Bit harsh on Kirkland - most championship keepers would struggle to dislodge Westwood this season.  Good on him to have quietly trained and done well when called back in.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Bottom line only westwood,loovens and lees would get in that watford side. for years we have been too sentimental and bias towards our average players now we need to be ruthless, we have money and ambition and now is the time to kick on, if we do have any hope of mounting a challenge next season 5/6 that started the game today shouldnt be involved.

And he also been crap. Rest of the defenders have carried him

Mattock has played a lot of games in this clean sheet record. I don't think that counts as carried. If anything I think he's done very well especially with Maghoma playing infront of him.

Westwood - 10

Lees - 9

Loovens - 8

Semedo - 8

Palmer - 7

Lee - 7

Nuhiu - 6

May - 6

Maguire - 6

Helan - 6

Hutch - 5

Mattock - 5

Maghoma - 5

Dielna - 4

Rest haven't played enough for a rating over a season. Mcgugan is easily an 8 for the time he was here.

This^^

Right so I am going to say this and put my tin hat on. Nuhiu deserves a 7 or 8 as he works his socks of often by himself up front. Whith better wingers and a slightly higher line I am Shute he will be a great striker. The problem is we sit deep with all but 1 striker. This will never produce a 20 goal striker no matter who it is. Just look at how many markers he gets that alone is prof of his ability. Let's get behind him and de what a huger line next season as well as improved wingers can achieve. Uto

Westwood 9 excellent

Lees 9 as above

Loovens 8 great, missed a big chunk though

Zayatte 7 good when playing , misses far too many games though

Palmer 5.5 doesn't go forward enough for a full back

Vermijl 5.5 looks very similar to Palmer

Mattock 6 generally been solid again picks up knocks too often

Helen 3 dreadful player that's contributed 0 assists 1 goal and a few nervy moments at full back

Maguire 5.5 if he was half as good as he thought he was we'd have a world beater

Maghoma 4 hasn't cut it at all

Hutchinson 3 waste of a shirt when he is actually available he isn't very good . Shocking signing as predicted

Semedo 7 you know what your getting with him .

Mcgugan 7.5 looked great at first not so much towards the end , illness and injury played a part I think

Dielna 4 thought he was good at first. He isn't

Nuihu 6.5 not bad. There is a player there somewhere although can be premier league in one breath and park footballer in the next. Annoys me at times but irritating how he gets most stick when there is squad clutter like Hutchinson and Helan who deserve it far more

May 4 not done it . Shame

Edited by james o connor

Agree with the OP in many ways, but here's my view:

Westwood - 10 - Easily the best keeper in the Championship, has potential to be Wednesday's best ever...

Buxton - 6 - Been unlucky with injuries but still useful - our best crosser!

Mattock - 7 - Much improved under Gray

Hutchinson - 5 - Started well but has been a massive let-down overall

Loovens - 8 - Class - shame about his injuries

Semedo - 7 - Always been solid and dependable, seems to have added a bit more composure to his game

May - 5 - Not good enough. Yes, he has potential but offers very little I'm afraid

Palmer - 7 - Hasn't progressed as much as I'd hoped but still been a major part of our defensive consistency

Nuhiu - 6 - Hugely frustrating in front of goal but otherwise offers something different to our other strikers. Not a top goalscorer but still our top goalscorer!

Maguire - 6 - Not as good as he thinks he is but a useful squad player

Lavery - 6 - Injuries affected his progress, has potential to be a VERY good striker

Coke - 4 - On his way

Lees - 9 - Mr Consistency. Would've been a 10 if he could add some goals to his game

McCabe - 3 - Not progressed, time to move on

Helan - 7 - Poor winger, decent left-back.

Zayatte - 8 - Much improved. Hasn't played that many games but never let us down.

Maghoma - 4 - Yes, he can run fast but his crossing is poor, he doesn't work hard enough and his decision making is abysmal.

Lee - 8 - Our best all-round midfielder. Tenacious, composed and starting to add goals to his game. Will keep improving...

Madine - 2 - Time to go Gary.

Bus - 5 - Not seen enough of him to make a decision, time will tell

Melo - 6 - Looks to be a very good player, as above

Dielna - 4 - HOOF!

Vermijl - 5 - Offers Palmer some competition

Kirkland - 7 - Played well when called upon. There's not many teams with someone as good as Kirky on the bench!

Also thought I'd rate the various loan signings who played this season:

McGugan - 9 - Class. Sign him up NOW!

Isgrove - 6 - Hard-working and shows potential but too lightweight. Prepared to be proved wrong but think he's a bit overrated tbh...

Keane - 7 - Would score more with better service, I'd have him back on a season-long loan if possible.

Drenthe - 6 - Like JJ on acid - got us up out of our seats but ultimately disappointing

Taylor-Fletcher - 2 - Well past it, strange signing

Baker - 5 - Looked promising, unlucky not to get more game time

Hope - 2 - Useless

I know some of those ratings may be controversial but that's my opinion... Hopefully next year's end-of-season ratings will be very different!

Westwood 9

Palmer 7

Lees 8

Loovens 8

Helen 6

Semedo 8

Lee 7

Maguire 6

Maghoma 6

Nuhiu 7

May 6

The rest I would probably mark at 5 and 6's. Defensively we've been very strong. In midfield for the most part we've been hardworking but we've struggled creatively and this has probably got to be the priority to be addressed in the summer like the defence was last.

As for upfront I think we'll bring in one striker. Maybe more if May is offloaded which wouldn't surprise me. I really would like him to succeed but with the way we play he's not quick enough or strong enough at this level. To get the best out of May we would have to change our style of play and while ever Nuhiu is here, I don't see this happening. Nuhiu has his critics but he his probably the best striker we've got. We're certainly more effective when he plays. It's really annoyed me in recent away games that he's been on the bench. IMO he has to be the first name on the team sheet away from home and I don't see that changing next season.