The Big Guy Nuhiu! Always Delivers At Big Games.

Guest TheCityOfWednesday

I was having a meal with a mate of mine today (oo'er  WTF:  ) and I think he summed up the Nuhiu situation pretty much perfectly

Him: "I don't care what other people say, he needs to be kept. He's brilliant"

Me: "Well, he can be, but he's so unpredictable. He can do something amazing and then blaze it over from 6 yards"

Him: "Yeah, but he's probably been our best striker . And it's comical to say, but he really does offer something different. Defences aren't always prepared to handle someone like him, and he's the sort of guy you can bring on and change a game because of the difference he offers"

And he's right. He's (despite being a supporter of his even I say this with a hint of regret) got the ability to change a game because of his touch and size. If you've been playing silky football for 70 minutes and not broken through, you can sling him on to be a battling ram.

I've been saying all season "He's the sort of playing ideally you'd want to throw on for the last 10 minutes to hold on to a lead or try and ground something out. He can be laughably bad, but knowing him he'll knock a few defenders over and score by miskicking the ball, falling over and hitting the ball in with his head". 

And something not far off that happened today!

we should stick him on the wing.

despite his lack of pace he can take players on with a bit of skill or strength. he can cross a ball. he can cut in. he could race in at the back post.

unless we sign some wingers, then he can just sit on the bench scaring the opposition defenders at the thought of him coming on (and probably kick the ball into their faces and heading their shoulders instead of the ball)

Edited by POWP

Say what you want whenever he is on the pitch we play better for some reason, I am not A Nuhiu fan but I admire his fortitude, a scuffed volley into the ground today from him salvaged some respect for SWFC who looked lacklustre until his introduction to the game.

'Here's to you Atdhe Nuhiu'

Respect

UTO

in a pool of 4/5 strikers I would keep him, he offers something different and is a handful for defenders, preoccupies them. We need a couple of new players up top but as a squad player would keep him and use him when needed

Squad player at absolute best. Top scorer because he's played more games than any of our other strikers. If the chairman is serious about promotion, we need someone to do Nuhiu's job, better than he does.

He's played the most games because he's the most effective forward at the club.

When he plays other teams bang 2 sometimes 3 men on him which frees up other players. Yes his conversion rate is appalling but if it was decent he'd be without question a 3 million + player and wouldn't be playing for us.

For what it's worth, incidentally, it looked to me like he deliberately shaped himself to get over that yesterday to fire it down into the pitch, and not a miskick at all.

the majority on here have never played football or they would have seen this...scuffed it... pmsl

only cause we can't play an other way but boot it to the lump

Not sure what Nuhiu ever did to upset you so much trev. 

The suggestion that he forces us to lump it up to him is simply wrong. 

Everyone who's ever actually seen Adthe play, knows that he's better when the ball is played to his feet. 

Guest shakesby

the majority on here have never played football or they would have seen this...scuffed it... pmsl

Of course it was scuffed. If he meant to deliberately strike it into the floor a yard (which he didn't) in front of him to deliberately bounce it over the keeper then he's a footballing genius - Because nobody else in this world is capable of reacting and making such a decision in a split second, not even Messi. Let alone executing it.

Guest shakesby

He's played the most games because he's the most effective forward at the club.

That's changed recently. Lavery has been up top on his own - a player who was on loan at chezzy until recently. Doesn't say a lot.

I like atdhe

While he's getting paid as a pro it gives hope to the less able amongst us to emulate him..

Seriously though, we do seem to do better when he plays. Opposition seem to put 2 men on him, which creates space for others.