Retained list will be my decision insists Stuart Gray

I'm not so sure tbh.

Suppose when Chansiri came in and said to Gray go and make signing in the January window I'll pick the bill up but I expect a top 10 finish this season.

Whilst this is still possible it's highly unlikely we will finish 10th or above and Gray knows a lot rides on tomorrow.

Just a thought like.

Or suppose nothing like that was said at all

He said he hadn't sat down and discussed plans with the chairman

He wasn't part of the press conference explaining the strategy behind the committee

He hasn't had a meeting with the committee

It's all gone a bit, us and them

I'm not so sure tbh.

Suppose when Chansiri came in and said to Gray go and make signing in the January window I'll pick the bill up but I expect a top 10 finish this season.

Whilst this is still possible it's highly unlikely we will finish 10th or above and Gray knows a lot rides on tomorrow.

Just a thought like.

Suppose DC didn't say that.

Suppose he said "Stuart, next season you can build a new quality squad "

Stuart Gray insists he and he alone will decide on the futures of those players whose contracts expire at the end of the season. 

“I’ve worked with the lads for 46 league games, every day for the full season so I will have a big say in it.â€

So is he making the decisions or not, it's a bit contradictory.

We all say contradictory things in general speech - I think you are reading too much into it - or maybe not?

See I've just done exactly the same!

He's never going to say he has the final say is he because he's part of a commitee therfore he never will.

As for his chats with GR and AP he just says he's not had a "lengthy" one. Makes sense, finish the season then sit down for the real business, keep the players focused for the last week and have them trying to impress.

Makes sense to me.

Nowt like a bit of OT drama though.

Suppose DC didn't say that.

Suppose he said "Stuart, next season you can build a new quality squad "

Like I've already said, it's quite possible that nothing like that has been said but something has gone off he isn't happy about and I'd be more than surprised if he isn't out in the not to distant future.

As much as I don't rate him I do feel sorry for him as it's becoming abundantly clear he is being ostracised.

Edited by Blue and white

Like I've already said, it's quite possible that nothing like that has been said but something has gone he isn't happy about and I'd be more than surprised if he isn't out in the not to distant future.

As much as I don't rate him I do feel sorry for him as it's becoming abundantly clear he is being ostracised.

So you're basing your argument on a suppose and a surprise ?

SG undermined? Don't think so. Who bought Melo and Bus ? - certainly Roeder and Pearson weren't involved and Mr C has little footballing knowledge so someone thought they were a good investment - can only have been SG.

Guest wilyfox

People will read into things however they choose. There are certain things Gray won't discuss, period. Such as player contracts and private discussions with colleagues. The inner workings of a club are dealt with in house. That's how it is - and should stay that way. When he deems a line of questioning to be an imposition, Gray issues a standard response to placate. Maybe some of you are looking for a problem where there isn't one.

Gray deserves a chance to put his plans forward and be assessed on that, given he will have financial support to implement any plan.

Unless therecis a clearly superior manager or coach available, who I cant think of anyone readily, he deserves the chance to be given a crack at it.

The very, very least Gray deserves is to be treated reasonably, fairly and with considerable respect given his contribution to this club.

This.

In the context of his tenure he has performed very very well and made steady, sensible progress. Deserves huge respect.

Gray's done a decent job. I don't think anyone would argue about that. Does he deserve an opportunity to take us forward? Maybe he does?

That said IMO if Gray remains in charge we'll probably be having the same conversations this time next year.

Gray's done a decent job. I don't think anyone would argue about that. Does he deserve an opportunity to take us forward? Maybe he does?

That said IMO if Gray remains in charge we'll probably be having the same conversations this time next year.

Why is it a maybe?

Surely he does deserve the chance.

He's hit every target he has been given so far.

He seems to have created a great team spirit and togetherness, how many players this season have sung his praises this season? 

In an age where footballers are overpaid and have all the power, don't underestimate the benefit of having that togetherness and working for each other as a squad.