A Huge Amount Of Player Turnover This Summer Is Needed

For us to get anywhere near achieving the owners ambition of promotion in the next two seasons a massive squad rebuild is needed. Today just confirmed a large number of our squad arnt good enough to take us to the next step.

Of  todays starting team only Westwood and Lees , in my opinion are assured of a  place in the team on the opening day of next season. 

I feel today was the last time a lot of those players will play at Hillsbro ( for wednesday anyway ) 

With the exception of McGuire , no one of the out of contract lads did themselves any favours today and hardly warrant a new contract.

With a new owner as ambitious as DC, a lot of our players  need to start booking the removal men . 

Edited by S36 OWL

I could deal with Loovens & Palmer coming back in. Maybe at a stretch Lee in midfield. After that the rest is up for grabs.

Ideally you'd have Melo playing as well as he did against Brentford & a fully fit McGugan in there aswell.

Need a left back, Mattock should be released. Wingers without a doubt and the strikers go without saying.

You keep 2-3 of Lavery, Nuhiu, Bus & May. Then add two proven lads into the mix.

I don't think we need a massive turnover. Nor do I think we only need a winger and a striker. Don't forget today we were missing 3 of the back 4 that started the season. Most of our problems started here today. We also missed McGugan, who will hopefully be returning next year. I think we need to bring in 5-6 quality players on top of what we currently have including the loans

When the chairmen comes out and says 'premier league by our anniversary' then he's got to really be prepared to make relevant changes because even as a 'non football man' he's got to know we are nowhere near premier league as it currently stands.

When the chairmen comes out and says 'premier league by our anniversary' then he's got to really be prepared to make relevant changes because even as a 'non football man' he's got to know we are nowhere near premier league as it currently stands.

Spot on . Yes , there is the argument about not destroying ream spirit , but apart from a handful of players we need to start again , because we are no where near being able to challenge for promotion.  

Well, I was one of those who thought we needed 3 or 4 players for the first eleven, now I'm not so sure. Worse than that, I don't trust Gray to identify what we need. My only hope is, that he may get a bit of assistance from the rest of the committee

We need to sign about ten players but that's on top of keeping a spine of Westwood lees loovens Semedo and lee. I'd have Maguire in too.

I'd release anyone else out of contract

Thats exactly how i see it. 

Well, I was one of those who thought we needed 3 or 4 players for the first eleven, now I'm not so sure. Worse than that, I don't trust Gray to identify what we need. My only hope is, that he may get a bit of assistance from the rest of the committee

I think that's the whole point of the committee mate, at least Roeder's part.