Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

I wasn't annoyed with him going. I was annoyed with the timing and lack of a replacement. Instead of selling him on a high, we sold him in a slump after an indifferent season with fluctuating form and injury - which meant we got crap money.

I think Stuart Gray would admit he dropped a bigger ballack misusing Benik Afobe

It wasn't just Gray that missed his potential, nobody at the end of the season fancied him either. He really wasn't very good.

Guest wilyfox

Arsenal did business the right way; loaned a rusty Afobe to MK to bang him into form, then sold him for more than we got for Antonio. That's the difference between selling wisely on a high, or naively on your knees - as we did.

Arsenal did business the right way; loaned a rusty Afobe to MK to bang him into form, then sold him for more than we got for Antonio. That's the difference between selling wisely on a high, or naively on your knees - as we did.

That paragraph sums up some of our pathetic transfer dealings of late

Antonio and Afobe would have set us up very nicely

Re Antonio - Gray didn't rate him and favoured Maguire and Maghoma as wide players

Will be interesting to see how Birmingham's new system suits Maghoma. They are planning to play Donaldson as a lone striker, with three, Authur, Maghoma and Damari Gray, just behind

The Antonio thing always makes me laugh.

He was poor for a while for us and we sold at the right time and for a reasonable price considering. He had lost interest at Wednesday and wanted a move. HAd we sold him when he was in better form then people would have been up in arms about it. Again, the club can't win.

The fact he had a good season at Forest and raised his own stock is on him and no reflection of our business at Wednesday.