Wednesday Player Delay

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I'm not a regular listener to Player as I normally get to games but can't make it today. Anyway I thought I was listening to a live commentary, but Jeff Stelling told me we'd scored a good 90 seconds earlier than the broadcast - is Jeff a clairvoyant?

it's because you haven't pressed the prefer the old style commentary tab.

The tab should say, if you actually want to listen to the game in real time and not 50 seconds behind click this, otherwise you will be behind!

The default playback option includes the ability to rewind if you wanted to listen to "say a goal again", hence the delay.

Yes - Wednesday Player is now full of superlative new features (and some really old features like not updating the score throughout the entire game). 

4 tabs on IE. I put Owlstalk on, which lets you know about a goal 10 seconds in the future, bet365 which tells you bang on time, and BBC footy which tells you what's what when the next commentator pauses for breath.  Then Wednesday Player on the 4th tab, where I can hear the goal replayed via the "live" comentary, 30s to 5 minutes later.

Edited by tonyem

Yes - Wednesday Player is now full of superlative new features (and some really old features like not updating the score throughout the entire game). 

4 tabs on Google Chrome. I put Owlstalk on, which lets you know about a goal 10 seconds in the future, bet365 which tells you bang on time, and BBC footy which tells you what's what when the next commentator pauses for breath.  Then Wednesday Player on the 4th tab, where I can hear the goal replayed via the "live" comentary, 30s to 5 minutes later.

Fixed it for you.