Chairman's Assistant

I'm guessing the requirement of advertising these jobs is merely down to avoiding discrimination issues due to requiring someone fluent in thai and english. By formally publishing these requirements they are simply being up front about it. They don't legally have to do this, but it just covers their backs.

Regarding Chansiri, he doesn't need a work permit to own us or to get money out of the club if he every wanted.. He'll own a holding company that will own swfc as well as a number of other companies. So if he wants paying he'll just bill the club as an expense (Osystons did this at blackpool).

Money in football can be quite complex. Just look at how a lot of footballers get paid (mainly higher paid players)... not by the club, but by a company they set up who bills the club they are contracted to. In most cases they aren't employees, just contractors.

It makes their financial management much easier, especially when it comes to third party payments like agents. Sadly it also opens up lots of issues with them being able to move money about in ways to avoid tax.

Edited by POWP

Bloody difficult as it's a tonal language. I can speak a reasonable amount. However, it's almost impossible to read and write it without serious study.

That's me outta the running then, unless Mr C is prepared to wait 'a while'......because after 20 years I still can't speak Flemish properly.

Wonder how long you could "wing" it for.....?

"Good Morning Asteener"

"Good Morning Mr C"

"Could you say Good Morning in Thai Mr Asteener"

"Yes Mr C"

"Would you care to say it then"

"In Thai"

"Yes Please"

"Well I'd like to know a little more about the position Mr C before I commit"

"We will now conduct the rest of the interview in Thai"

"Phucket"

The EA wouldn't need extensive experience of English football. The skills and experience of being a decent EA (stakeholder management and decent communication skills) are far more important. I don't think the actual basics of running a football club are that different to running any other, even if the sums of money involved and the players (or technically 'employees'!) might be.

They'll be looking for someone who has worked as an EA/PA before and can prove they are a decent go between for the new owners to use.

And it's not exactly an all powerful position. They do have influence and the new owner's perceptions of the incumbent staff will be heavily based on what the EA reports back to them. So people like Andy Daykin, Peter Pridmore and Trevor Braithwait will need to have good working relationships with whoever gets the job.

But they don't normally have executive decision making responsibilities on anything important whatsoever. I'm assuming what will happen is that the new owners will have day-to-day expectations in mind which the EA will keep an eye on along with Paul Aldridge, and then anything particularly important will be discussed via conference calls and skyped board meetings. Seen it done before like that anyway.

That's fine for the EA but we have the same prerequisite for a chief scout too IIRC