Sheffield Wednesday community project- Scam?

Guest super mandaric

Guest WESTENDOWL

The O in mother sounds like the U in mum because of the th following it. You say mother to rhyme with brother not bother

If that is right and i am not saying it isn`t ,doesn`t the preceding R have more to do with it

Guest WESTENDOWL

There's no preceeding r in mother.

My wife's a teacher and she says it's mum not mom!

But there isn`t a proceeding r in bother

Guest WESTENDOWL

No there isn't. Though my use of bother was just too give an example of correct usage. Unfortunately English is a complicated language with as many exceptions as there are rules

Like the guy who stated on tv that sugar was the only word in  english where the s sounded sh and the presenter said are you sure

Still gonna be mom for me though

Guest pembo55

This happened in wincobank on Tuesday to my wife, scouser with Wednesday top on and lanyard but looked fake. She shut door on his face

Guest Burntwood Owl

Some companies do ask for card details as they aren't allowed to collect cash door to door. Everything is on direct debit. Best thing to do is get company details and then ring the company to confirm if you want to contribute.

Cancer research in town this week said exactly the same, I tried to shove a tenner at the woman and she told me she wasn't allowed to take cash only via the bank. They were legit too, I was that taken aback by it I asked to see their id and they had all sorts of paperwork on them.

Cancer research in town this week said exactly the same, I tried to shove a tenner at the woman and she told me she wasn't allowed to take cash only via the bank. They were legit too, I was that taken aback by it I asked to see their id and they had all sorts of paperwork on them.

If the door steppers take cash the company can't monitor what's been taken. Direct debit also means regular deposits not a one off.

Had the same for Notts Air Ambulance too, offered them cash but it was refused saying they could only take cards...

I declined as you never know what scam could be going on even though it looked very official...

Guest Burntwood Owl

Had the same for Notts Air Ambulance too, offered them cash but it was refused saying they could only take cards...

I declined as you never know what scam could be going on even though it looked very official...

Yeah I declined too, I like being able to give whatever I want, whenever I want to who I want, when I want. Plus it's a bit dodgy for me, I am with a bank that doesn't print bank account number on the card for security reasons so I would have to carry the entire info on me, with my card, and 3 digit pin thing on the card. Not going to happen. Oh and it's mam to me.