Team of the Season (effect on games stats)

Here's an idea, right.

For the points aspect, fine the average points total per team (won't be far off ours, obviously) and then for each team make a multiplier of (Their points total/average points total) and multiply the raw data by the results. This will create a system in which points gained against good teams are worth more than points scored against bad teams.

For goals scored, work out the mean number of goals conceded per opponent and then do similar. So, a goal scored against a team who've conceded (for example) 200 is worth less than one scored against a team who've conceded 20.

Here's an idea, right.

For the points aspect, fine the average points total per team (won't be far off ours, obviously) and then for each team make a multiplier of (Their points total/average points total) and multiply the raw data by the results. This will create a system in which points gained against good teams are worth more than points scored against bad teams.

For goals scored, work out the mean number of goals conceded per opponent and then do similar. So, a goal scored against a team who've conceded (for example) 200 is worth less than one scored against a team who've conceded 20.

This sounds like a Euefa style swindle to stop a League of Wales player winning the golden boot.

Brilliant work, I love stats like this. However, I don't think Bus can be justified as he hasn't played anywhere near as many games as the others.

I did put Lee in at first; but his stats are only average. Without going to a 5 man defence, we're struggling for 10 outfield players that have had a positve impact on the season!

Here's an idea, right.

I might have a look at that at the end of the season, once all the positions are settled.

Porthmadogs striker won it some years ago.

But they couldn't have that happening so it was changed  so Welsh goals were only worth 0.1 or something daft.

I remember reading about this at the time. Just looked it up: Mark Lloyd Williams scored 47 goals in the 2001-2002 season, but despite being miles ahead of the chasing pack, he would have needed to score 11 goals in the final game of the season to overcome the fact that goals scored in some other top leagues counted double.

Here's an idea, right.

That has to be done as we have scored around 2-3% of the goals Blackpool have conceded but 13-14% of the ones Middlesborugh have.

Similarly withe goals scored, once done then you have a truer result.

Think you done a good job George.  

I personally wouldn't say that the 11 is the best/most effective team so far this season.  

Left back position, I would have Helan or Mattock in there any day.  

Kieren Lee should be included imo, so as you say possibly changing the formation to 451 would probably resolve this.  

You didn't correlate whether boot colour had an effect. Poor statistician!

Helen would win every time as he is the only player sensible, intelligent and modest enough to wear black leather boots. Palmer would be the ultimate loser because he likes slutty boots.

Edited by shandypants