Hafiz Mammadov

Guest swintonowl1999

Guest totemowl

The good and bad of the Mammadov saga, in my opinion:

Prior interest from Thai consortium was ended, leading them to bid and gain control of Reading.

Imminent arrival of money led to us signing Westwood and Lees.

Mandaric(not us) is £500K+ down, as he pursues the sponsorship money.

When it became clear that Mammadov money would not arrive, then Chansiri pulled out of Reading deal and came in, on his own, for us.

within the hour when  I heard about mammadov going to buy our club I googled him and found a lot of things about him and his company which I didn't like the sound of ,then within a wk or 2 we heard about lens and him not stumping up the money so the french fa suspended there promotion and it just got worse and worse the stuff coming out . but still Milan was going to sell our club to him , we had a massive let off.

Guest swintonowl1999

After ousting,tan why would I get excited? I've only been persuaded by Chansiri other day when I spoke to him

Mamadov was the right person at the time. Early negotiations we're very exciting and everyone got carried away with the future plans for us. We weren't talking promotion, that was a given, or even consolidation in prem. European football was the agenda in a shiny new stadium and challenging for champions league football within 3-5 yrs. The blue print was all there.

Then the dialogue slowed down, meetings were missed, odd rumour cropped up and promised payments failed. HM had unbelievable wealth, Billionaire definitely. His problems were getting access to it in a country heavily influenced by Russia. Now the dusts had time to settle and sensible heads are back on, yeah, with hindsight, we are lucky it finished how it did, when it did. I've not heard much about Chansiri, my contact left the scene when Mamadov deal collapsed, but the bits i have heard are positive.

Yep. Asset stripping Wednesday. The land must be worth a few bob for a starter.

He could sell the land, ground, each plastic seat for the full season ticket price, all the players, Middlewood, and all the female staff into slavery, and still not get half his money back

Asset stripping? righto!

Guest Ash76

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Mammadov saga was all staged by Milan. I bet he's a pal of Milans from way back and ultimately, had no intention of ever buying the club. My theory is that Milan sweetened this by saying he'd get 'Land of Fire' on the shirt free of charge for a year if he came out saying he'd bought the club for £40 million and it was always going to fall through but always knowing that this 'failed purchase' would get someone else interested in purchasing, and it did.

Unlikely, the alternative is MM held on way too long and would have still completed despite the warning signs