Hafiz Mammadov

Guest swintonowl1999

No one slating MM imo. MM agreed to sell us to HM, had HM's financial troubles (that some on here found out about way before MM got sick of waiting) had surfaced aday after the cheque cleared, we would be up sheet creek.

We got lucky and dodged a bullet.

I just found the MM wankathon when he sold us to DC a bit sickly, when it could have so easily gone boobies up.

If you really believe that people on here knew of Mamadov's financial situation before MM got sick of waiting then you've been here in the Owlstalk bubble too long. What MM and any other Chairman/owner say in public isn't always what they're saying in private. Places like this have titbits of truth and fill in the gaps with speculation that then becomes "truth" once enough posters agree.

Like I said, it's just lucky for us that it all kicked off for HM back home before he'd paid and got control of the club.

If HM hadn't lost access to his money then we might've been OK with him, we don't know. On the surface it looked like we'd got a wealthy man that had an interest in football.

If you really believe that people on here knew of Mamadov's financial situation before MM got sick of waiting then you've been here in the Owlstalk bubble too long. What MM and any other Chairman/owner say in public isn't always what they're saying in private. Places like this have titbits of truth and fill in the gaps with speculation that then becomes "truth" once enough posters agree.

Like I said, it's just lucky for us that it all kicked off for HM back home before he'd paid and got control of the club.

If HM hadn't lost access to his money then we might've been OK with him, we don't know. On the surface it looked like we'd got a wealthy man that had an interest in football.

There was loads of articles posted on here that made HM's situation look less than ideal.

I ain't doubting the mans intentions, but it it didn't take Uri Geller to tell you somethjng wasn't right well before MM pulled the plug, that said, to play devils advocate, I suppose you could argue that MM knew Hafiz's money situation far better than anyone on here and thought there was a good chance the difficulties could have be overcome?

Thank roger Milan pulled plug when he did.

Just found out RC Lens are relegated to Ligue 2 no matter how well they do for the remainder of the season.

We really missed a bullet with Mammdov and a lot of you people were getting too excited, a man that has two football clubs isn't going to fork out 40 million to buy another club when he could spend the imaginary money on something else.

Don't think Dejphon Chansiri is the same kettle of fish as Mammdov. UTO

we were lucky that milan was waiting for money to come through and confirmations, however you should get your facts straight.

Mammadov has loads of dosh, far, far too much infact. We were lucky that he didn't try to buy us a few months earlier cos then he would have owned us already before his poo poo storm hit, his bank accounts got frozen as he's accused of tax dodging. So he still has loads of cash, just owes loads of it and no-one in Azerbaijan seems to have a calculator big enough to find out how much.

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Mammadov saga was all staged by Milan. I bet he's a pal of Milans from way back and ultimately, had no intention of ever buying the club. My theory is that Milan sweetened this by saying he'd get 'Land of Fire' on the shirt free of charge for a year if he came out saying he'd bought the club for £40 million and it was always going to fall through but always knowing that this 'failed purchase' would get someone else interested in purchasing, and it did.   

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Mammadov saga was all staged by Milan. I bet he's a pal of Milans from way back and ultimately, had no intention of ever buying the club. My theory is that Milan sweetened this by saying he'd get 'Land of Fire' on the shirt free of charge for a year if he came out saying he'd bought the club for £40 million and it was always going to fall through but always knowing that this 'failed purchase' would get someone else interested in purchasing, and it did.   

I think he probably wanted an English side and just ran out of money, as Lens found out.