Hafiz Mammadov

Guest swintonowl1999

Guest swintonowl1999

Bluesky

What doyou mean?

Nobody had a picture of him at S6 so I doubt he saw how big the club was. Maybe by pictures but I can't remember seeing a

Bluesky

What doyou mean?

Nobody had a picture of him at S6 so I doubt he saw how big the club potential was. Maybe by pictures but I can't remember seeing a picture of him at S6.

Even before all of this financial mess kicked off with RC Lens, I was a little concerned with the thought of Hafiz Mammadov taking over.

It never really sat well with me that we were just going to be yet another club to add to a group of clubs he already owned.

I'm not convinced his focus would have been on us enough to help us progress and if he did lose interest in his other clubs and put all of his energies into us, then who's to say that a year or 2 down the line he wouldn't add another club or 2 to his collection and lose interest in us.

Everything that's happened since in how he's screwed over RC Lens is just confirmation that we dodged a bullet.

You really have to feel for the RC Lens and FC Baku fans.

"A lot of you people"....

F.ookin' idiots..."A lot of you people"

Never get the facts right...."A lot of you people"

But the main thing that f.ookin' bothers me..is how you bloody generalise..."A lot of you people"

I was thinking the same thing. All these people getting excited after our owner told us we were being taken over by a good man, but not swintonowl. He knew different.

Guest swintonowl1999

Inside job you see.

I can also tell you

Chansiri wants Sheffield Wednesday to be in the Premier league by 2017.

I'll hold me hand up...I was excited by Geoff Sheard...Cloud 9...all of 'em...cos at the time we knew bugger all but the chance we might get taken over...Same as I was excited when we were 2-0 up against Chelsea away in the F.A cup in the 70's.....blessed with hindsight..I was fookin' daft....like a "Lot of you people"

I think Mr mammas dogs government shafted him to be fair, and i didnt like his big wine glass either, show off  :biggrin:

I am sure he upset the powers that be to be fair.

Made his money in Azerbaijan, was loved there, and lost favour when he wanted to leave the country, at which point they made it difficult for him to get his money out of the country.

I am sure he upset the powers that be to be fair.

Made his money in Azerbaijan, was loved there, and lost favour when he wanted to leave the country, at which point they made it difficult for him to get his money out of the country.

indeed, but you would have expected MM's own proper persons test to work this out, not the bounced cheque for 40m.lol

indeed, but you would have expected MM's own proper persons test to work this out, not the bounced cheque for 40m.lol

No comment.

Liked the way he was already spending Mammadov's imaginary cash in April 2014 though, which presumably should've been financing Fryatt's arrival?

Also still pi55ing myself over Milan advising Mr C he needs to get his wallet out.

lol

Edited by theowlsman

For all you dewy eyed happy clappers-MM would have sold us had Mamadov come up with the cash-make no mistake!

Yep, had the cheque cleared, I imagine MM would have gave HM the keys and walked out of Hillsborough holding open the door for the incoming incoming Azerbaijani debt collecters.

Not that i would blame him as such.

Surely if Mammadov had stumped up the £40m then he'd have had access to his cash, meaning there wouldn't have been an issue him buying us at that point.

So hardly a stick to beat MM with?

Luckily his issues started before the club was signed over.

Surely if Mammadov had stumped up the £40m then he'd have had access to his cash, meaning there wouldn't have been an issue him buying us at that point.

So hardly a stick to beat MM with?

Luckily his issues started before the club was signed over.

No one slating MM imo. MM agreed to sell us to HM, had HM's financial troubles (that some on here found out about way before MM got sick of waiting) had surfaced aday after the cheque cleared, we would be up sheet creek.

We got lucky and dodged a bullet.

I just found the MM wankathon when he sold us to DC a bit sickly, when it could have so easily gone boobies up.