Out of cantract players - who to keep new we are safe?

anyone that thinks mattock is a worthy defender for a promotion challenge is completely deluded

So please would you like to explain how only 2 sides in the Championship have conceded less? You can't.

Edited by Woodie

I doubt we can bring in 10+ new players and expect anything to happen next year so...

Kirkland - 1 Year, but not sure he will stay

Buxton - Offer 1 year deal

Mattock - Offer 1 year deal

Loovens - Offer 1 year deal

Semedo - Offer 1 year deal

Maguire - Offer 1 year deal

Coke - Release

McCabe - Release

Madine - Release

Zayette - Offer 1 year deal

Maghoma - Offer 1 year deal

Lee - Offer 2 year deal

Corry - Release

Floro - Release

Kelhar - ?

So...

GK - Westwood, Kirkland, Wildsmith (loan)

RB - Vermijl / Buxton
CB - Lees, Zayatte
CB - Loovens, NEW
LB - NEW, Mattock

RM - NEW, Maguire
CM - NEW (McGugan), NEW (lower leagues), Maghoma
CM - Mello, Semedo, Lee
LM - NEW, Helen

CF - NEW, Lavery
CF - Nuhiu, Bus, May

But the 5+ new players have to be of a lot better quality.

We could also risk a bit on a couple of  lower league players to see if they can make it and fill out the squad.

Just to clarify what I meant.

I'm not a huge believer in wholesale changes. I think they can often lead to as much disruption as anything even if the quality of player goes up slightly.

What excites me isn't the fact that we're going to be showing players the door. Rather that we are in a position to be able to add to our squad and hopefully give us a better strength in depth which is something that has let us down when Injuries are picked up for example or suspensions kick in.

Rather than show any of these lot the door (though I accept some will move on) I'm excited by the fact that many of these players, who have shown they are capable of doing a reasonable job in the division will make excellent back up should we strengthen the squad and hopefully we'll have better competition for places. 

Stuff next summer, we'll be seeing big signings this summer.

I have it on high authority that Att is building our squad on FIFA as we speak. He'll then show his ideal team to his Dad and bobs yer uncle we have ourselves a squad.

Att's favourite player is only Will Keane though. I wish he liked McGugan more....

I wish he liked Aguero more!

:stuwinky:

SG said the club would wait whilst we are mathematically safe, so who would you keep?

For me, and correct me if the list below is wrong or incomplete.

Kirkland - Offer 1 Year deal - though I think he will leave

Buxton - Release, been a great servant and a good player - but too many injuries for me.

Mattock - Offer 1 year deal, but hope we bring in better in the summer.

Loovens - Offer 2 year deal

Semedo - Offer 1 year deal, though we need better to compete for the top 6

Maguire - Release - not good enough

Coke - Release, League 1 at best

McCabe - Release, a right waste of a wage

Madine - Release, get him as far away from S6 as we can

Zayette - Offer 1 year deal as back up

Maghoma - Release, League 2 standard and workrate

Lee - Offer 2 year deal as a squad player

Corry - Release, another waste of a shirt

Floro - Release, 2 years and not anywhere near the 1st team still

Kelhar - Release, injured since he arrived

Not sure If I missed anyone?

Kirkland - 1year

Buxton - Release

Mattock - Byebye

Loovens - Keep - 1 year

Semedo - Keep - 1 year

Maguire - Keep - 2 year

Coke - Release

McCabe - Release

Madine - Release

Zayatte - 1year

Maghoma - Release

Lee - Keep - 2year

Corry - Release

Floro - Release

Kelhar - 1year

I can explain easily. Lees,loovens and a unbelievable goal keeper. palmer for the first third, and then for the few games until he got injured. Mattock or any of the left backs have been great going forward but very very week in defending. Mattock gets turned inside out most weeks. luckily we have 2/3 great centre backs and a class keeper. So thats how I can say no to mattock. Pretty simple for me. Helan and delina can play there as squad players but we need a better left back if we want to push on

1 year deals for Kirkland, Semedo, Loovens, Buxton and Lee. Just for the sake they are undoubtably championship players and during a transitional season we can't just change 20 players we have got to keep some.

2 year deal for Mattock, whatever your opinion he's been a big part of our unbelievable defence this season and at 24 with a lot of experience I would think its a no brainer.

Release. Maguire, Maghoma, Coke, Zayatte, McCabe, Corry.

Too many question marks about these players, I don't think with any of these id really think they could easily be replaced. Maguire and Maghoma have failed miserably as wingers and have created very little. Coke has in my opinion offered little in 4 years apart from the goal away at Brighton as for Zayatte I would just expect he could easily be replace, roger johnson for example?

Kirkland - Release

Buxton - Release unfortunately, head has to rule over heart on this one

Mattock - Keep and try to get rid of Helan, then have Mattock as back up/competition to a new, quality full back.

Loovens - Keep

Semedo - Keep

Maguire - Release if we're serious about progressing

Coke - Release

McCabe - Release

Madine - Release

Zayette - Keep for 1 year but we need another CB as he and Loovens aren't the most reliable for fitness

Maghoma - Release

Lee - Keep

Corry - Release

Floro - Release 

Kelhar - Release

This is what we'll be left with if all the out of contract and loan players go.

Westwood, Wildsmith, Dawson

Palmer, vermijl

Lee's, Dielna

Helan

Melo, hutchinson

Bus, lavery, may, nuhiu

Absolutely no way that we won't retain at least 5 or 6 for continuity and squad size. Mass overhauls never work well instantly.

I get what your saying with the good defence but mattock is a real weak link for it, lets look at better and we have plenty of contracted cover there

They're all a bit shybo at LB, I just think Mattock is the best of the bunch, so he'd be the player I'd like to stay as a squad option

Dielna does very little for me and with the greatest respect I just can't wait for Helan to leave the club

We do need a bit of quality in there but unfortunately I can't see it being an area we pay much attention to in the summer