Sam Allardyce

I don't think Sam Allardyce would come even if we offered him being manager.

Think he will leave West Ham at end of season if not going to Sunderland will bide him time until another Premiership job comes up.

He has done his time and got a good record and would not want to mess with a mid table Championship club.

its a funny one ...we all have our favourite players and yet none of us would moan if we got rid and replaced with better players .....if allardyce is a better manager than gray and is available then why wouldnt the chairman go for him .......gray himself is fond of saying your always on the look out for better than you have ...whether allardyce is better than gray though i have my doubts .

I was listening to a profile of Sam Allardyce, on Radio 5 when he joined West Ham. The presenter of the show reckoned that clubs don't clamour to sign him when he becomes available, because he's so expensive to employ.

They reckoned that wherever he works he has on his backroom staff, an individual coach for each position in the team, and clubs, in the main, just aren't prepared to employ a manager/head coach, and then the best part of a dozen more coaches.

In twenty five years of managing clubs, and being sixty years of age, he has two promotions (I think) to his name, one in Ireland about twenty five years ago, and one with Notts County, also in the last century (again, I think).

He'd be extremely expensive to employ, and employing him would guarantee us nothing.

If Stuart Gray were to leave the club at some point, I'd like to see a more adventurous appointment than Sam Allardyce.

..this this this...not just the bold bit..all of it .. 

Edited by Freshfish

Guest conisbrough

There is something about Blue and Whites post which suggest there is a Blunt inside trying to get out. They are always negative or trying to stir up a reaction. On the other hand he could be just a turd.

They reckoned that wherever he works he has on his backroom staff, an individual coach for each position in the team, ... the best part of a dozen more coaches.

We don't need all those coaches, we've got our own Bus.

Judging someone on promotions who has spent the last however many years managing the the premier league is a bit bizzare. Fergie never got an english team promoted.

That said, there is something very unlikable about him that means i wouldn't be over the moon with him, although i think i would probably end up doing a very good job.

Doesn't matter anyway as i can't see him ever accepting a job outside the Premier League with any team.

Judging someone on promotions who has spent the last however many years managing the the premier league is a bit bizzare. Fergie never got an english team promoted.

True. But it's relevant to us right now as promotion is the next logical objective. A manger with experience in championship promotion campaigns, could prove to be useful in the next couple of years.

True. But it's relevant to us right now as promotion is the next logical objective. A manger with experience in championship promotion campaigns, could prove to be useful in the next couple of years.

not essential though .....none of the top four this year have a manager who´s experienced a championship promotion campaign ......

There is something about Blue and Whites post which suggest there is a Blunt inside trying to get out. They are always negative or trying to stir up a reaction. On the other hand he could be just a turd.

Or I could just want what is best for our team and don't like to settle for second best unlike some seem to.