Sam Allardyce

I was listening to a profile of Sam Allardyce, on Radio 5 when he joined West Ham. The presenter of the show reckoned that clubs don't clamour to sign him when he becomes available, because he's so expensive to employ.

They reckoned that wherever he works he has on his backroom staff, an individual coach for each position in the team, and clubs, in the main, just aren't prepared to employ a manager/head coach, and then the best part of a dozen more coaches.

In twenty five years of managing clubs, and being sixty years of age, he has two promotions (I think) to his name, one in Ireland about twenty five years ago, and one with Notts County, also in the last century (again, I think).

He'd be extremely expensive to employ, and employing him would guarantee us nothing.

If Stuart Gray were to leave the club at some point, I'd like to see a more adventurous appointment than Sam Allardyce.

Pretty sure he got Bolton promoted as well, but I agree that he does bring an awful lot of staff with him. 

Has anyone checked to see if they are all related? 

The west ham fans aren't happy because they aren't playing "the west ham way"

They should be careful what they wish for. I bet the Bolton and Blackburn fans wish they were sitting comfortably in the middle of the premier league under Allardyce