Jurgen Klopp

I wouldn't exactly call them well run now tbh. Reus was released at 18 and bought back from Gladbach for â‚¬17-18m 6 years later. They have a net spend of â‚¬60m over the past 2 years and don't look it on the pitch. Back to the good old days lol

I don't understand the obsession with Dortmund. Klopp/Watzke put a decent team together and deserve a lot of credit for it. Hopefully Tuchel will carry it on. They have decent fans, but not the best in North-Rhine Westphalia. They also have some rather dodge ultras which I'm sure would be rightly condemned forthright if they were an Eastern European club. Their fans have a chequered past in that aspect, like the city itself. 

The way German club football is ran is incredible though, the ST prices for instance & percentage of home grown talent! With Klopp leaving can't see Reus, Hummels and the rest of them sticking around for much longer..

That doesn't actually explain why Dortmund are underperforming so badly, for the players and team they currently have right now, they are doing very badly. 

Probably haven't gotten over selling their best player to their biggest rivals....again.

Probably haven't gotten over selling their best player to their biggest rivals....again.

Losing 1 player doesn't excuse their performances this year.

Last year they finished 2nd, 7 points clear of 3rd place, right now they sit 7 points clear of being relegated.