Jurgen Klopp

Man CIty

? why he doesn't fit the man city criteria. i really cant imagine him going there, man city havent exactly based their employment policy on ability, just success. i reckon they'll try n get the juve manager allegri, quietly try to get mourinho and then try to get ancellotti. all of whom will turn them down, then they'll try to get Jurgen Löwe n then when that fails they'll bring someone in on a temporary basis till they can get one of the above. man city are a bad joke.

What's his excuse for woefully under performing this season...

forced to sell his best players, season after season.

if football was a normal business-industry, bayern would be in big trouble for being a monopoly.

it'd be a risk bringing him anywhere other than germany and after playing in the champions league for the last few seasons i can hardly imagine him going to championship club.

Oooh, yes. Forget the total impossibility for a moment & indulge me: Breaking News on SSN HQ. Championship club Sheffield Wednesday have just sensationally announced Jurgen Klopp to be their new manager. In a club statement, new owner DC said he was making a statement of intent regarding promotion & that funds would be made available for Klopp to recruit a squad capable of challenging at the highest level. Cue mass hysteria on OT. Multiple suicides at S2 & live Sky camera at S6, surrounded by gangs of our loonies singing. 

Oh well. Steady progress it is.............. :stuwinky:

Really disappointed to see him leave, love everything about Dortmund, the club, fans, players, ground and city. The model club.

Wish him every success, though city could make or break him, as with most.

I live for the day when safe standing is legalised in the English leagues, to see our Kop bouncing (albeit on a smaller scale than BVB) would be a sight to behold.

The model club that only survived because one of their rivals bailed them out. Clearly their marketing department is just as valuable as their coach.

The model club that only survived because one of their rivals bailed them out. Clearly their marketing department is just as valuable as their coach.

True. They were in a real mess not so many years ago. On the back of a couple of very successful seasons at the end of the 90s, they were the first German club to market themselves on the local stock exchange. At one point, the share price fell to about 40p - from the initial price of £10. 

http://www.dw.de/borussia-dortmund-fans-and-investors-arent-on-the-same-team/a-15074555

The directors were lining their own pockets and some of them even were found guilty of financial improprietry in various forms.

Probably the only thing that kept them afloat was their fans filling that massive stadium week in, week out. It holds just under 81k - 50k of those are ST holders.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

True. They were in a real mess not so many years ago. On the back of a couple of very successful seasons at the end of the 90s, they were the first German club to market themselves on the local stock exchange. At one point, the share price fell to about 40p - from the initial price of £10. 

http://www.dw.de/borussia-dortmund-fans-and-investors-arent-on-the-same-team/a-15074555

The directors were lining their own pockets and some of them even were found guilty of financial improprietry in various forms.

Probably the only thing that kept them afloat was their fans filling that massive stadium week in, week out. It holds just under 81k - 50k of those are ST holders.

Tickets are only about £9 every match. I think we'd get a fair few if we did that!

I wouldn't exactly call them well run now tbh. Reus was released at 18 and bought back from Gladbach for â‚¬17-18m 6 years later. They have a net spend of â‚¬60m over the past 2 years and don't look it on the pitch. Back to the good old days lol

I don't understand the obsession with Dortmund. Klopp/Watzke put a decent team together and deserve a lot of credit for it. Hopefully Tuchel will carry it on. They have decent fans, but not the best in North-Rhine Westphalia. They also have some rather dodge ultras which I'm sure would be rightly condemned forthright if they were an Eastern European club. Their fans have a chequered past in that aspect, like the city itself. 

His best players being sold to his biggest rival every year

That doesn't actually explain why Dortmund are underperforming so badly, for the players and team they currently have right now, they are doing very badly.