Foreign Transfer Market

I would rather us focus on quality Championship players, such as McGugan. The foreign market is always a danger at this level. If you look at what we have brought in in the last few years, it suggests we should stay away from it.

1. Pechnic....he was crap

2. Amado....never played a game

3. Rodri...total lightweight, though he has gone on to good things since.

4. Floro...nowhere near the squad let alone the team.

5. Nuhiu...love him to bits but not consistent and not a goalscorer

6. Dielna...like him at LB but an absolute trainwreck at CB

7. Melo...nowhere near the starting elen

8. Bus... only played two games then got injured...jury is out.

Not bright reading is it?

I'd totally disagree about Nuhiu, Dielna is a decent LB and we've not seen Melo or Bus yet.

But make a point, Di Canio, Carbone, Thome, Petrescu, Alexandersson, Blinker, Bougherra, Sibon, Harkes, Nilsson, Kuqi and Stefanovic, all did a proper job for us

Edited by Minton

I'd totally disagree about Nuhiu, Dielna is a decent LB and we've not seen Melo or Bus yet.

But make a point, Di Canio, Carbone, Thome, Petrescu, Alexandersson, Blinker, Bougherra, Sibon, Harkes, Nilsson, Kuqi and Stefanovic, all did a proper job for us

Kuqi!!!!

I would rather us focus on quality Championship players, such as McGugan. The foreign market is always a danger at this level. If you look at what we have brought in in the last few years, it suggests we should stay away from it.

1. Pechnic....he was crap

2. Amado....never played a game

3. Rodri...total lightweight, though he has gone on to good things since.

4. Floro...nowhere near the squad let alone the team.

5. Nuhiu...love him to bits but not consistent and not a goalscorer

6. Dielna...like him at LB but an absolute trainwreck at CB

7. Melo...nowhere near the starting elen

8. Bus... only played two games then got injured...jury is out.

Not bright reading is it?

yep but what has our budget been the past few years.  We didn;t spend much at all looking at those deals.  

I would say, the quality is out there in the foreign market, why limit just to one league in one country. 

Now we have some cash behind us, probably looking overseas would be the best option money wise. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Minton...don't be a twit...all of your foreign players were bought while we were in the Premier League. Of course they were good players. Also, I already said that Melo and Bus haven't had a chance yet, but why is Melo not playing when Semi is injured?? Ask yourself pal. I also said that Deilna is decent at left back. Can't you read???

Ronio...you on the other hand my friend make some good points.

Our past mean nothing to the new owners ,It,s the future that counts if it means signing a player from timbucktoo for £500 k or signing a simular player in english football for £2,500,000 ,who will be probably be on twice the wages .Who do you think they will sign.The owners have not got endless pots of money .I have only one concern i think our academy will no doubt attract better young players from local but talk of new pitch but we need a new training ground.I have not heard anything said about it.

Our past mean nothing to the new owners ,It,s the future that counts if it means signing a player from timbucktoo for £500 k or signing a simular player in english football for £2,500,000 ,who will be probably be on twice the wages .Who do you think they will sign.The owners have not got endless pots of money .I have only one concern i think our academy will no doubt attract better young players from local but talk of new pitch but we need a new training ground.I have not heard anything said about it.

That though can also be a concern. Our past might indeed mean nothing to the new owners, although they will do well to heed the lessons of the past. Generally, when we've tried to do things on the cheap, it's ended up costing us in the long run.

I suppose it's difficult because we don't really know what our budget is. Personally, I'd like us to replicate what Bournemouth have done, they've built a good side that plays great entertaining football with an end product. Sure, they've spent a bit, and seem prepared spend even more, if the right players become available. By that I mean, young exciting players whose value will increase as they develop. In fact, they have a good blend of shrewd free transfer signings, which bring experience, to which they look to add pacy attacking options.

but why is Melo not playing when Semi is injured?? 

Because he's just moved to a new country, with a new club, a new and unlearned language, new teammates, new tactics, new philosophy, new playing style, new coaches and a new manager. To expect him to walk into the starting XI is not just naive, it's brainless.

He's made the bench and no doubt he'll make his debut before the season is out and then get a full summer and pre-season to adjust. 

That though can also be a concern. Our past might indeed mean nothing to the new owners, although they will do well to heed the lessons of the past. Generally, when we've tried to do things on the cheap, it's ended up costing us in the long run.

I suppose it's difficult because we don't really know what our budget is. Personally, I'd like us to replicate what Bournemouth have done, they've built a good side that plays great entertaining football with an end product. Sure, they've spent a bit, and seem prepared spend even more, if the right players become available. By that I mean, young exciting players whose value will increase as they develop. In fact, they have a good blend of shrewd free transfer signings, which bring experience, to which they look to add pacy attacking options.

Bournemouth have a brilliant manager who i heard are being bank rolled by russian money who lives local ,But agree they have built a very good side i like gray ,But Howe is class .

Bournemouth have a brilliant manager who i heard are being bank rolled by russian money who lives local ,But agree they have built a very good side i like gray ,But Howe is class .

They do, and he's a good fit for them. They do have money behind them, but he's invested very shrewdly, which is the way Forward for us I believe

the job advert shared on here the other day suggests more players bought from Asia.

I think the requirement to speak Thai is so he can talk to the Thais at the club. I think "European scout" is a clue to where he'll be looking for players

outside eu...

and likely homesick after a month...

Wouldn't get a work permit unfortunately. The requirements are that they must have played 75% of the competitive international games over the last 2 years, on appeal they have to be judged to be an exceptional talent and someone who will significantly improve the quality of the game (so a young u21 player who is scoring for fun in a decent league).

Basically means that UK teams can't usually sign these type of players, or if they do, they have to be loaned out to an EU club in a less strict nation to gain an EU passport. Hence why big teams like Man Utd, Chelsea and City have links to clubs like Brugge and Antwerp.