Foreign Transfer Market

the job advert shared on here the other day suggests more players bought from Asia.

We'll do very well if we can get a work permit for most Asian players.

My take on that advert is that the new owner would feel more comfortable talking to his chief foreign scout in Thai.  Whether that's a realistic goal - who knows.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

HJK have targeted the Japanese market this winter, signed a couple of Japanese lads and launched a twitter account in Japanese language. Not sure how much difference it makes but wonder if we will do the same in Thailand to raise our profile?

I think we have to earmark £3 million+, if we are looking for a young lower league British striker. That's what Bournemouth paid for Callum Wilson. By comparison, they paid £2-5 million for Tokole Rantie from Malmo, both were highly rated at the time, but it is the British guy who has settled the quickest.

Guest wilyfox

Yes, I think if DC wants success in the short term he may have to set aside 2 or 3mil for a potent forward. Wilson, Grabban, Wells, Vetokele...all in that sort of range. Appears to be the going rate for someone respectable at this level.

Guest wilyfox

How much was that vetokele? And is he the black lad up top for charlton?

Yes, he is. Undisclosed, but wiki says 2.4mil - make of that what you will.

We also need to put ourselves at the head of the queue when it comes to securing the best season long loans from the Premier League clubs. These may also be players who've been recruited from overseas, but may have spent time around the fringes of a top side.

Ill counter that by saying id be much more excited about signing Marshall, McGugan amd McClean than three unknown players.

Oh definitely but I'm not sure we will spend what it takes to bring in the some of the top players in our division. I hope we do. Obviously I meant I'd rather take a random punt than an uninspiring signing, more exciting even if it doesn't last long.

Oh definitely but I'm not sure we will spend what it takes to bring in the some of the top players in our division. I hope we do. Obviously I meant I'd rather take a random punt than an uninspiring signing, more exciting even if it doesn't last long.

We'll Mr Chansiri is gonna find out the hard way then if he wants prem football in 2017.

We've got Bus and Melo to bed in already, we should leave it there.

Chansiri hasn't guaranteed premiership football for 2017 he said it would be nice if we we're able to coincide our anniversary with a return.

...as I've already mentioned the English market is ridiculously overpriced.

I suppose we can compete for the best freebies though.

Edited by richowl

Guest conisbrough

Think you do need to exploit Foreign transfer market if you are trying to go forward reasonably quickly. Accept you require a mixture of players and Wednesday record of recruitment shows Gray is far better at recruiting English players than foreign ones, in fact his record is very good at securing quality out of contract players.

Gray can not do everything, it is impossible to be on pitch coaching and take on major scouting role, we seem to have got English league sorted out but help required for rest.

If we try and recruit Asian players it is particularly difficult the quality of player is a lot lower. I do not fancy our chances of getting much quality if this route is used.

With regard to what players we could recruit it is impossible to say at this stage as we are not sure who and how many are leaving.

Surprised by lack of newspaper stories with regard players we are considering and also speculation regarding those players who are to be released.

Chansiri hasn't guaranteed premiership football for 2017 he said it would be nice if we we're able to coincide our anniversary with a return.

...as I've already mentioned the English market is ridiculously overpriced.

I suppose we can compete for the best freebies though.

Sounded pretty much like he set that target to me.

I'm expecting us to be shopping mostly in the freebies market, but with a much more competitive budget hopefully allowing us to offer the kind of wages to attract the cream of the crop. A few more in the Westwood and Lees mould would do nicely!

I still feel that we desperately need a bit more Championship know-how in key attacking positions, as none of our strikers or midfielders (other than McGugan, who's on loan) have ever played at the top end of the Championship or above. If we want to compete at the top of this league, we need at least a few players who have been there and done it before, rather than taking punts on promising League 1 / SPL players for whom we're the high point of their careers so far.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

every club in the championship will be targeting premiership football.

everyone 'wants' premiership football.

imagine if we don't get there for 2017 & the fans kick off (especially on here) because he said he'd like to be there for 2017.

every club in the championship will be targeting premiership football.

everyone 'wants' premiership football.

imagine if we don't get there for 2017 & the fans kick off (especially on here) because he said he'd like to be there for 2017.

Why mention a timescale if u aint gunna try your hardest to get there ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I would rather us focus on quality Championship players, such as McGugan. The foreign market is always a danger at this level. If you look at what we have brought in in the last few years, it suggests we should stay away from it.

1. Pechnic....he was crap

2. Amado....never played a game

3. Rodri...total lightweight, though he has gone on to good things since.

4. Floro...nowhere near the squad let alone the team.

5. Nuhiu...love him to bits but not consistent and not a goalscorer

6. Dielna...like him at LB but an absolute trainwreck at CB

7. Melo...nowhere near the starting elen

8. Bus... only played two games then got injured...jury is out.

Not bright reading is it?

Edited by Kagoshimaowl