Andy booth

Guest Gazzaswfc

Ran his rounduns off and always seemed to score at Leeds away when we won a 2 seasons on trot 1996-1998, always looked outta breath like he had asthma and needed his pump

Went to both of those games. He also scored there early on in the following season to end our run of 4 games without a goal - a goal which managed to get me thrown out of the ground and locked up in the Elland Road cells for the remainder of the game.

Was a good player. Transfer fee seems a lot to us now but wasn't massive at the time.

Excellent in the air - no pace at all.

Scored 13 in his first premier league season which gets players £8m+ moves these days.

Did a good job for us and we would have done better If we'd been able to keep him when we went down.

Edited by ka58

He wasn't completely immobile in his first season, but in the seasons after that he needed playing 'around' a lot more as his knees didn't enable him to run.

I liked him for his effort and he was better than some of the judgements in this thread suggest, but the enduring image is still of him bent double, hands on hips, knackered after a crowd-pleasing but ultimately fruitless pursuit of a full-back to the near touchline.

Went to both of those games. He also scored there early on in the following season to end our run of 4 games without a goal - a goal which managed to get me thrown out of the ground and locked up in the Elland Road cells for the remainder of the game.

Haha...I think I know who you are now!!  :biggrin:

Haha...I think I know who you are now!!  :biggrin:

I feared I might be giving too much away but are you sure? I've no idea who you are!