Team of the 70's - The nominations

Dave cusack was a donkey

I agree, along with Dowd, Holsgrove and Thompson.  :duntmatter:

I saw Peter Swan in his 'comeback' game at QPR. It must have been about 71or 72?   It was a bit embarrassing as I remember it.

Is that when we lost 8-2? 

I agree, along with Dowd, Holsgrove and Thompson.  :duntmatter:

Is that when we lost 8-2? 

I can't recall the result but I dont think I would have forgotten 8-2. That was a league cup game. The league game I think was early season hot and sunny. Swanny was completely Knackered.

I saw Peter Swan in his 'comeback' game at QPR. It must have been about 71or 72?   It was a bit embarrassing as I remember it.

correct mate i can remember john o´rourke running him ragged and for 1 goal it looked like swan was running backwards ........great player in his heyday but wasnt anywhere near the same when he cam back ......

Fair to say that the 70's team would most likely lose to every other decade.

i think the 2000-2010 would be the losers .......

correct mate i can remember john o´rourke running him ragged and for 1 goal it looked like swan was running backwards ........great player in his heyday but wasnt anywhere near the same when he cam back ......

i think the 2000-2010 would be the losers .......

Depends which players, Ken Knighton was better than Beswetherick but Chris Brunt was better than Eric Potts in my opinion.

Peter Rodrigues was better than Barry-Murphy but Shefki Kuqi was better than David Sunley in my opinion.

One thing I'd say is that we had a much bigger turnover of players 2000-2010.

Depends which players, Ken Knighton was better than Beswetherick but Chris Brunt was better than Eric Potts in my opinion.

Peter Rodrigues was better than Barry-Murphy but Shefki Kuqi was better than David Sunley in my opinion.

One thing I'd say is that we had a much bigger turnover of players 2000-2010.

well yes but was kuqi better than prendergast or brunt better than sissons or henderson and certainly no one from the 00-10 era comes near tommy craig ......imo you could make a decent  side out of the 70s players i´m not so sure you could with the noughties .