Why was it ridiculous for a club whose owner wouldn't splash the cash, to sign a lad who, according to pundits and commentators in Eire, was destined to be one of the next generation of quality Irish footballers? If you'd bothered to trawl the internet when we signed Corry, you'd have come to the same conclusion I did, in that we'd signed a future star.

Promising signing at the time but he's not played in over 2 years.

Should have got shut a long time ago, no point having players in the squad who are way off the first team- especially at the age of 24.

And yeah the internet always a good measure of how good a player is- just take Owlstalk for example rarely wrong when it comes to judging a players ability.....

Should have got shut a long time ago, no point having players in the squad who are way off the first team- especially at the age of 24.

And yeah the internet always a good measure of how good a player is- just take Owlstalk for example rarely wrong when it comes to judging a players ability.....

Funny how it's gone from being a ridiculous signing to a promising signing (which is correct)

I was talking about Irish journalists, and pundits in the media over there, not forums like this, used by the likes of me and thee who actually know nowt about football.

its easy to say we should have got shot not so easy to do when the bloke as a contract and shows no inclination to leave until the end of it..........

I was talking about Irish journalists, and pundits in the media over there, not forums like this, used by the likes of me and thee who actually know nowt about football.

Don't think they were bigging him up that much really.

Obviously way off the mark seen as he's playing for Carlisle fighting to stay in the football league.

its easy to say we should have got shot not so easy to do when the bloke as a contract and shows no inclination to leave until the end of it..........

Tbf why would he though. You can't blame the player for that. Thought he looked tidy on his debut but nothing special.

Tbf why would he though. You can't blame the player for that. Thought he looked tidy on his debut but nothing special.

absolutley mate .....someone gives you a 3 year deal @ 2-3 grand a week why would you give it up ........the bloke gone from being a student in ireland to earning that sort of money ,good luck to him

Is that his first senior goal, as a 24yr old midfielder? lol

He scored 10 for his team back in Ireland.

He was late coming into the professional game remember. Was only 21 or 22 when he signed here.

Can't judge him, or his scoring ability, on a handful of games for us.

Don't think he's good enough for a squad pushing for the prem, though anything good happen. He'll leave at the end of the season and I wish him well.