Craig Noone

Just remember what Leeds fans said of Tom Lees last summer...

If Gray brings Noone in during this summer, I back him to get more out of him than Russel Slade at Cardiff.

Therein lies the question......

Following our takeover, are we looking to carry on as per, picking up players whose star has faded, and whom we hope to be able to apply some miracle cure to, players whose fans are delighted to see the back of them?

Or are we looking to buy players who have to be ripped out of the claws of their clubs, players whose fans scream with outrage at them being sold?

If HMS Pisstheleague is ever going to be anything other than a mirage, then the answer surely has to be the latter?

Waddle, Brunt one footed?, they may prefer their natural foot, but both can be more than useful with either feet.

Hirsty, Shearer ,Wright all truly one footed, but it did them no harm.

Craig Noone, could be a lot worst, could be Peter Noone, only if you were around in the 60's would you understand.

Oh my God did people ever watch our own players.

Hirsty was not one footed.  Yes his left foot was stronger but he scored loads with his right foot.  And with his right foot from outside of the box!  How many one footed players do that?

I think the most two footed players I have seen at Hillsborough in the last thirty years are probably Waddle and Hirst.

Unbelievable Geoff

I'd be pleased with this signing. We need steady progress, just throwing money at it isn't going to get us anywhere. Look at our current wingers (who are actually ours):

• Maguire - better player when he's in the middle of the park, not a great winger
  • Maghoma - has been mostly garbage this season
  • Helan - Far better at left back, too one-dimensional to be an out-and-out winger

Noone would be an upgrade on all them so it's a yes from me.

Guest TommyTank

Great footballer, very highly rated until the Cardiff wheels fell off.

Delighted if this is the market SG is looking at.

Easily better than what we already have.

Seems low on confidence and probably needs a move to kick start his career. Could be a decent bit of business if true.

Exactly this

Seen it happen with McGugan and Lees already. Exactly the sort of player Gray can turn brilliant again.

Waddle, Brunt one footed?, they may prefer their natural foot, but both can be more than useful with either feet.

Hirsty, Shearer ,Wright all truly one footed, but it did them no harm.

Craig Noone, could be a lot worst, could be Peter Noone, only if you were around in the 60's would you understand.

Bah! I was going to do the Herman's Hermits gag but I got logged on too late.

Guest conisbrough

I know little about Noone. However never wise to judge a player on performances when club has been in turmoil. Also think Cardiff was one of those clubs who it was thought would be keen to offload players in summer.

Seems unlikely to assume it is agreed deal at this point in season if so it would be likely he would be on loan with us.