Stevie May Scotland

Without wanting to start a round of May bashing (because it will add no value), I don't think May will start the qualifier because it appears that Jordan Rhodes and Johnny Russell are in front of him.  Unfortunately for May, I think that is an accurate reflection of form and ability at the moment and Gordon Strachan would be foolish to start May at the expense of Rhodes or Russell. 

Maybe, just maybe wee Chesney Strachan feels he may have more accomplished strikers already In the queue before our Stevie May, I know It's a bit hard to believe with us all wearing our blue and white tinted specs but, you know maybe there's better In front of him In the haggis munchers strikers queue............ :rolleyes:

Sadly him playing for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club doesn't give him the gods given right to get a game for Scotland these days.

Yes, agreed. He doesn't have a right to start for Scotland just because he plays for Wednesday. No one has really said this though, apart from the chap who says 'all the strikers should get a run out' against Gibraltar - which isn't an unreasonable comment. Edited by Owlsbornanbred

Guest Mayhem

May will not play for Scotland anytime soon. (which is good for us)

I rate Stevie and I believe he will come good given the right service but he is not good enough for Scotland at this time.

Maybe in the future.

Guest Romish Owl

Better if he doesn't play less chance of injury then.

Way our players have been going down could see him coming back on crutches

who was it that rang radio 5 after the game saying "we need pace up front, we need to play stevie may". must have been someone off here?

Perhaps we dont need Rhodes after all!!

May won't give them pace - it's a shame cos if he had some he'd be a superb played - he's a good player but his lack pace is a problem. Not seen bus play - does he seem to have a turn of pace?

He's already played

1 sub appearance. If he doesn't get a regular game at Wednesday then he's not going to get many more caps anytime soon. Next season and pre-season is massive for Stevie and hopefully he will have some better players providing the service he needs with the new investment.