Rickie Lambert.

Guest Charlton

If there's any truth in the Noone rumour, it looks as if we might be consolidating our mid table position, rather than going for it in any meaningful way Ties in with what the new owner says as well. I think we all need to be a bit realistic about what we'll do in the transfer market

What did the new owner say ? UTO

Guest wilyfox

Anyone expecting a Rhodes, Deeney, Wickham or Lambert is in cuckoo land.

Edited by wilyfox

Anyone expecting a Rhodes, Deeney, Wickham or Lambert is in cuckoo land.

I concur, it will be solid low level recruitment like Noone, McGugan, hopefully, and dare I say it, someone like Chris Wood.

Where we might do some head turning business, is through the loan market. If we can back up those solid signings, with a couple of talented Premier League youngsters, I think we'll be set for a good season.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Lambert has been in recent England squads. If he 'was' to go on loan to anybody it would be someone in the PL and not a mid-table Championship club.

I think some people seriously need to change their expectations but it makes for a good forum.

Guest wilyfox

I would advocate an attempt to lure Jon Walters, though. Nearing the end of his contract, and after 5yrs in the prem turning 32 this year...might be the time for him to drop a tier - as it was for Grant Holt when he joined Wigan 2yrs ago. Big wages, but no fee, so might be worth a go. Walters is certainly a Gray type of player; a grafter who runs the channels and puts himself about.

I would advocate an attempt to lure Jon Walters, though. Nearing the end of his contract, and after 5yrs in the prem turning 32 this year...might be the time for him to drop a tier - as it was for Grant Holt when he joined Wigan 2yrs ago. Big wages, but no fee, so might be worth a go. Walters is certainly a Gray type of player; a grafter who runs the channels and puts himself about.

Good call, and not that unrealistic An excellent team player.

I concur, it will be solid low level recruitment like Noone, McGugan, hopefully, and dare I say it, someone like Chris Wood.

Where we might do some head turning business, is through the loan market. If we can back up those solid signings, with a couple of talented Premier League youngsters, I think we'll be set for a good season.

So you think these players are low level? UTO

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Lambert has been in recent England squads. If he 'was' to go on loan to anybody it would be someone in the PL and not a mid-table Championship club.

I think some people seriously need to change their expectations but it makes for a good forum.

can't believe you speak so highly of Lambert, he's well in his 30s not playing and two stone over weight. UTO

so these low level players you think we should get,do you think they will get us promoted. UTO

Good question, really good question. In all honesty, probably no, unless Stuart Gray can mould them into a team that is better than the sum of it's parts. The quality of the championship is improving year by year with so many sides now bolstered by huge parachute payments, and even sides like Bournemouth and Brentford prepared to outspend us, it's a tough call to say we can do it with that level of player. Not impossible, but the odds would still be against us I feel

can't believe you speak so highly of Lambert, he's well in his 30s not playing and two stone over weight. UTO

I don't speak highly of him I was just stating a fact that he's been in recent England squads Not read anywhere that he'd 2 stone overweight so please feel free to put your own spin on it.

I don't speak highly of him I was just stating a fact that he's been in recent England squads Not read anywhere that he'd 2 stone overweight so please feel free to put your own spin on it.

Yes you was, but I'm sorry if i offended you Rickie. UTO