Sheffield's biggest team - definitive

Didn't the pigs buy a load of twitter followers a few years ago? Fairness in Facebook.

We aren't close to being top 10 At the moment but a season or 2 in.The top flight would edge us towards it even if we didn't break into it. Income is a pretty strange way to measure size as the gap between the league leagues is huge.

But income had to be part of the measuring stick doesn't it? So if you're in the PL for a period of time (Stoke for example) your stature goes up.

realise that this is not just a ' we are bigger than blunts'  threads  I tend to avoid them  because it doesn't take a moments thought does it?

re the table  it's fairly obvious that the premiership has made smaller clubs in my mind - 'bigger'

am i bovered what the Daily mail writer thinks defines bigger?      And does it matter anyway?  

What really matters is not stats but the last season's achievements of whichever club you support and does that club have forward or tail spin momentum for the coming season 

In other “similar†albeit more accurate tables like this they usually show us around 12th-15th and pigs around 20th. That gives a much fairer reflection. This table loses any credibility by having Stoke above both Sheffield teams.

Even less credibility on Pigsmad right now, more so. I wouldn’t normally share but there is currently a thread “nineteen thousand four hundred and fortyâ€. They are currently congratulating themselves on the attendance Tuesday night. (even though they don’t  talk about them). Fair enough but there are quotes like we wouldn’t get that in the same position (our spells in tier 3 have produced a bigger average attendance despite on average finishing in a lower league positon) and another gem is that they will get bigger crowds than us next season (if they go up) and provided we aren’t near the top! Hmm, who was the best supported Sheffield team despite finishing lower the last time they gained promotion form the Champ? I know they rarely let the facts getting in the way of a good grunt but dear me

Back on subject, that (as well number of major trophies, seasons in top flight, seasons in Europe)  â€œdefines†who is Sheffield’ biggest (which we all know) and not some questionable table from publication like the Daily Mail.

Asking which is the bigger club in Sheffield is like looking at a racehorse and a donkey and trying to argue which one will run fastest on the basis of any given statistic that you choose to highlight at random.

Not even a question really.

Spot on. However, a sizable element of smaller, younger, sisters fan base argue differently despite the evidence.

In other “similar†albeit more accurate tables like this they usually show us around 12th-15th and pigs around 20th. That gives a much fairer reflection. This table loses any credibility by having Stoke above both Sheffield teams.

Even less credibility on Pigsmad right now, more so. I wouldn’t normally share but there is currently a thread “nineteen thousand four hundred and fortyâ€. They are currently congratulating themselves on the attendance Tuesday night. (even though they don’t  talk about them). Fair enough but there are quotes like we wouldn’t get that in the same position (our spells in tier 3 have produced a bigger average attendance despite on average finishing in a lower league positon) and another gem is that they will get bigger crowds than us next season (if they go up) and provided we aren’t near the top! Hmm, who was the best supported Sheffield team despite finishing lower the last time they gained promotion form the Champ? I know they rarely let the facts getting in the way of a good grunt but dear me

Back on subject, that (as well number of major trophies, seasons in top flight, seasons in Europe)  â€œdefines†who is Sheffield’ biggest (which we all know) and not some questionable table from publication like the Daily Mail.

Seen that thread. Classic.

Some of the straw clutching is incredible. They're genuinely too stupid to notice the flaws in the things they say.

It's worthwhile pointing out that those ten have had an enormous advantage over us over the years, because they had boards/chairmen who put money in. As far as I know, no other club in the country had our system, where the board were little more than administrators, and the club was owned by the fans. It will be interesting to see what happens now our system has changed, albeit 20 years too late.

Considering that, bar two or three little blips, we've been pretty poo since WW2,

18th place isn't such bad going is it?

out of 92 I suppose not - it's just a bit sad for those of us who remember our club in the 80s always

being referred to as a top 7 club.

How times change.

For me the most important thing for settling the 'who's in whose shadow' argument is the average league position. There's been a few charts put up where they've taken league points as an indicator, but that's flawed because a team who could be regularly near the top of the fourth tier would be getting more points than a team who's regularly near the bottom of the top tier.

This is the first time I've seen a proper historical average for the league positions. It puts us 19th and United in 20th. So that settles that argument.

Didn't the pigs buy a load of twitter followers a few years ago? Fairness in Facebook.

We aren't close to being top 10 At the moment but a season or 2 in.The top flight would edge us towards it even if we didn't break into it. Income is a pretty strange way to measure size as the gap between the league leagues is huge.

I heard something about that, didn't their twitter followers number go up by 250,000 or something stupid in the space of a few days?

out of 92 I suppose not - it's just a bit sad for those of us who remember our club in the 80s always

being referred to as a top 7 club.

How times change.

Always referred to in the 80's as a top seven club are you sure? We were in the second division until 84 and were pretty crap towards the end of the decade

As for the pigs congratulating themselves on the attendance let it be known that the original fixture was scheduled for the Christmas period but was called off last minute due to the snow we had. Hence anyone who bought a ticket for that busy Christmas period match got in with the ticket they originally bought

What about all those free tickets they give away to junior kids clubs every home match,not a bad idea to fill empty seats though.