Loan deadline thurs 5pm

Guest Gazzaswfc

The better loan players will probably be looking to go to one of the clubs still in with a chance of promotion with a view to securing a contract for next season so suspect our options are limited in this area. Probably make do with what we have for now and see what we can land in the summer when the playing field will be far more level.

Guest wilyfox

Jones would be a great addition for Bournemouth. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it's with a view to a permanent. If they go up they could afford his wages, and they know he's competent in the premier league.

Would have loved Jones back here, i guess having nothing really to play for though makes it pointless this season.

Me too or in the summer. A proven goalscorer at this level with a bit experience would be ideal for us along with more productive wingers and signing McGugan.

Apparently we're looking at another defender, another youngster from Man United: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3012812/Manchester-United-ponder-letting-Reece-James-loan-trio-clubs-circle.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490 Whilst Carlton Cole is linked with a move to Brentford according to a Bournemouth site that said they were interested in him but are set to bring in Kenwyne Jones in instead and are looking at bringing in Rickie Lambert in the summer as well: http://afcbchimes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/whats-behind-kenwyne-jones-afcb-loan.html?

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Probably way out of our League and very little chance at all he'd go on loan to a Championship club with nothing to play for but that Man City young Spanish striker who made his debut against us and scored in the League Cup hammering looks class. If they'd let him out on loan this season or next? http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/10-premier-league-players-who-could-prove-useful-championship-loanees

That's your opinion, I've seen him live at least 4 times and really impressed on every occasion, imo the type of striker we need for a chance of top 6 next year

In all fairness you'd be in a minority amongst Leicester fans, the majority don't really rate him, at least the ones I've spoken to don't.

Kenwyne Jones is a decent signing for Bournemouth and Chuba Akpom is a cracking signibg for Forest. I'd have loved either of those here and I was hoping we'd be in for them in the summer. Hopefully we can bring in similar quality attackers as well as McGugan and some decent wingers in the summer. It shows what we're up against at this level and it realistically may take a couple of seasons to become a genuine contender. Also it shows FFP is a load of testicles and if Forest make the play-offs and go up, we should ignore FFP and just go for it because if we don't go for it numerous other clubs will.

Guest wilyfox

Do we need a young left back - honest question?

No, but that's exactly why there might have been some truth in it.

Do we need a young left back - honest question?

Don't think we need any defenders. Not sure why we were looking at another young defender. But according to newsnow we wanted him and missed out to Huddersfield for him. Bit bizarre.

To be honest I was hoping for someone like

Kenwyne Jones or Chuba Akpom. But we'll have to wait till the summer to bring in the attacking quality we need and the likes of McGugan to become a genuine contender.

Don't think we need any defenders. Not sure why we were looking at another young defender. But according to newsnow we wanted him and missed out to Huddersfield for him. Bit bizarre.

To be honest I was hoping for someone like

Kenwyne Jones or Chuba Akpom. But we'll have to wait till the summer to bring in the attacking quality we need and the likes of McGugan to become a genuine contender.

Pretty much agree with you there MMM

Some interesting signings made by our rivals on a day that passed us by. Can understand the logic in not bringing anyone in at this stage, there's not a lot of point now. Listening to the manager though, it seems that this was not the case, and we did try for players. If that is the case, and it was just a case of not being able to entice the players/club to do business, then we may need to re-evaluate how we do our recruiting. As I said, I think most of us would have been happy to see the season out with what we have, but looking at the season as a whole, it's been very difficult for us to attract the type of loan signings we need.

Edited by gurujuan

Some interesting signings made by our rivals on a day that passed us by. Can understand the logic in not bringing anyone in at this stage, there's not a lot of point now. Listening to the manager though, it seems that this was not the case, and we did try for players. If that is the case, and it was just a case of not being able to entice the players/club to do business, then we may need to re-evaluate how we do our recruiting. As I said, I think most of us would have been happy to see the season out with what we have, but looking at the season as a whole, it's been very difficult for us to attract the type of loan signings we need.

Gray doesn't have the pull of some managers which could hurt his tenure with us.