You ever missed a goal ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

Missed two at the Lane in 1975.

My parents were divorced and dad used to travel up from the South every two weeks and take me to an occasional game at Hillsborough. We got down there one day to find out Wednesday were playing away. Dad said we could watch the reserves or head to Bramall Lane where Leeds were playing the Blunts in Division 1 - Big game. I knew Dad was a closet Leeds fan so we set off across town. Got there and the Blunts had scored. It poured the whole game and then Dad got in a tussle with a woman at half time who threw a couple pf punches. We left five minutes before one of the worst games ever played and found out in the car United had scored again. Not a word was spoken on the long drive home. 

When we were in the Premiership...went all the way down to Southampton's, The Dell and stood outside selling fanzines not realising that Southampton kicked off at 7.30 unlike every other team who started at 7.45. Heard a big roar only to find out that Wednesday had scored the only goal of the game.

Couldn't think what this game was, as I can't remember ever playing Southampton in a midweek Premier League game. Looked it up and in 95/96 we did indeed win 1-0 in a night game at the Dell with Degryse scoring in the first minute - I have no memory of this whatsoever!

Guest LEGEND

I missed Rhodes score against us this season because a steward walked infront of me to take someones beer from them.

Bastardd.

Playing Derby at home first season back up. Went for a tinkle after they'd scored their first. Came back up and it was 2-0. Thing is, I didn't realise they'd scored again till I was listening to FH in the car on the way home. I thought we'd won 2-1

How is that even possible? Surely unless you are deaf and blind it would be impossible? I mean no offence if you are deaf and blind. But there's a bloody great big score boad that you cant help but se

How is that even possible? Surely unless you are deaf and blind it would be impossible? I mean no offence if you are deaf and blind. But there's a bloody great big score boad that you cant help but se

We were on the kop Reyt at back. I went as they'd scored the first and their fans were still singing when I came back up. So I just assumed it was 1-0 and I couldn't see the scoreboard cause of the kop roof🙈