You ever missed a goal ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

MIssed a few in my early days, including in my very first game. Dad had a habit of leaving Hillsborough WMC at about 2:50 claiming that it was only a 10 minute walk. Which it wasn't, considering I was 8 and we had to walk right round the ground as we sat in the West Stand.

So I missed TC's opener in my very first game, a couple of others including Pearson's 13 second goal v Bolton, and for one game against Grimsby we were told by the gateman that we were losing 2-0 already. I refused to believe it and after we pulled a goal back in the second half I was convinced we'd won 1-0.

Never missed a late goal though, I've only ever left before the end of 3 games in 34 years - Everton in the cup when 0-5 down, 0-2 at the sty in 1991 and 1-4 v Wrexham in the league cup in 2006ish.

Missed a few in my time but I suspect nobody can beat a mate of mine who, when we won 4-1 at Everton on Boxing Day in the 90s, managed through a combination of toilet and refreshment breaks to miss all four Wednesday goals.

Guest Iron Hunter

Missed a few in my time but I suspect nobody can beat a mate of mine who, when we won 4-1 at Everton on Boxing Day in the 90s, managed through a combination of toilet and refreshment breaks to miss all four Wednesday goals.

Klas Ingussons best game in the Wednesday shirt..rip mate.x.

90-91 season at Millwall, accident on M1 meaning we didn't get to ground until half time where we was leading 2-0. 

Lost game 4-2.  :duntmatter:

We were the same. Got stuck on the tube and missed our two goals. Cops shoved us on a tube back to Kings Cross - even though we wanted to be in West London. Nightmare game.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Only ever missed one Wednesday live goal. Walked out when we were 1-5 down to Derby at home in the Premier and missed our second. Can't even remember who scored it.

Worst one though was in the World Cup 2002 in Japan. I had free tickets to see Italy v Mexico but we traveled by bus. The bus was leaving before the end so we left on 90 mins and missed Del Piero's equalizer for Italy. Was so pissed off with the girl I was with but seen as she had gotten the free tickets, I couldn't really say anything!!!

Guest wayne the owl

Missed 2 at my first match ( 5-0 vs west ham. The waddle game) because I needed a wee and only being 11 my dad got my older brother to take me so he also missed 2 goals ....... Something he still often mentions

I went through a phase last season of leaving about 5 minutes early to get lift back home, and missed about 3 goals if I recall.

My other half said "would you leave the cinema before the end of the film?" Fair point, well made I suppose.

i missed the last 4 at middlesboro when we lost 8-0 & the last 3 at the arse in the 7-1 .......most galling for me was missing our 2 at stoke ((1968) i got nicked for the hienous crime of chucking a bog roll as the team came out and gits kept me in the police room under the stand till the end of the game .

When we were in the Premiership...went all the way down to Southampton's, The Dell and stood outside selling fanzines not realising that Southampton kicked off at 7.30 unlike every other team who started at 7.45. Heard a big roar only to find out that Wednesday had scored the only goal of the game.

Leeds away years back - two of us in the corner of the south stand in there end. We were one nowt down and I went for a wee wee, on my way back we scored and as I got to the top of the steps of the entrance my mate was windmilling every rascal - funny as roger looking at him, coppers chucked us out after that.