You ever missed a goal ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest Gazzaswfc

Listen to football heaven I lad left early & missed 2nd&3rd goals on sat Ive left early&missed goals also missed them goin for a pie or toilet remember missing 2 goals while goin for a pie v Sunderland in league cup few years back

Guest Hola Tidman

Mark crossley against Southampton in 3-3

Reda against derby in 2-2

And... Antonio's against Carlisle.

So not too many significant ones

Missed Adam Proudlock vs Grimsby in the LDV Vans....was in the loo.

Missed our opener in our 3-2 away defeat to Swindon....was still on the motorway.

Missed Wickham's consolation goal last season vs Huddersfield...was in the loo.

Don't tend to leave early and it wee wees me off when others do. Though it's sweet when we score. I know people who leave on 85mins to beat the traffic....every game. They've missed some magic moments.

yeah! wrexham back in the 70's at the racecourse ground...

we'd called in an ale house across the road from the ground...

heard the teams come out, and decided to "have another pint as wednesday never score early"...

2 roars went up, we supped up, got in the ground 1-1, and that's how it stayed...

missed our 2 goals that night at blackburn, so many people crammed in behind the goal i could only see the top 3/4 foot of the netting...

Can't remember the year but stood on the kop against Coventry. Steve Ogrizowich gets the ball Leppings Lane end. Turn to talk to my mate to hear a groan  He'd punted the ball in to our net. Gutted simply for the fact I'd missed a once in a life time event at a match and he'd scored against us

People leaving early absolutely flips me off big time and I'm so happy that it's them that miss the best winners

Agreed!

Only missed one that I remember through having to leave early. Caught national express to Wolves when Pressman got sent off in the first minute and the last coach back meant we had to leave before the end so missed Booths equaliser.

Went to Wolves in the cup on ICO one season and got stuck in traffic so didn't get there until around an hour had gone. Finished 0-0 and won on penalties so not too bad and worth not turning round and going back as some on the coach wanted to do.

Missed the first 2 goals at Oakwell through spending too long in the pub a few seasons back and got in just in time to see JJ's winner go in.

Just remebered Selhurst Park in the 80's got there late we were already 2 down but the weather was hot so not all bad. By half time iirc we were 4 down then the heavens opened so we were wee wee wet through. Got the train back to London. Old fashioned non corridor coach. Just as train pulled out of station about 4 Palace fans got in and started talkng about what they were going to do to the Wednesday fans if they saw them. Got off at the next stop. Happy days :biggrin:

Edited by darra

People getting angry, even when we have won, because there's a queue to get out of the car park to be rammed in another traffic queue lol

Why not relax listen to the scores coming in, watch the lads warm down. Stroll over to car park, tune in to RSFH, relax while traffic dies down and have a relaxing drive home to your steaming meat and potato Pie with peas and lashings of Hendersons. Saturday evenings are sacred ! 

People who leave early deserve to miss goals, I see people leaving on 80 minutes with the scores level, puzzling this if they just want to beat the traffic.

Lad who left on saturday at 2-1 down only for the Taxidriver to tell him Wednesday won 3-2 ......arfff.

Will he ever leave early again after that traumatic experience?