wishlist of signings this summer

1. McGugan - think on a better pitch surrounded by better players he'll get 20 assists and 10 goals if he plays most of the games.

2. James McClean - pacy, direct winger got that bit of a streak in him that I like in a player, abit like Maguire has. Also very hardworking and should fit nicely into our ways.

3. Ben Marshall - we all know this lads qualities, direct winger that can't half ping a ball in, dangerous when he comes inside aswell as he can shoot. Hopefully he'd be open to the move and Blackburn seriously need to cut the wage budget.

4. Jota - lad from Brentford had a really good season, I don't expect Brentford to be anywhere near as strong next season, think they'll lose players and he'll be one of them. As an alternative I'd look at Daniel Powell from MK Dons or Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth.

5. Jay Emmanuel Thomas, reminds me quite abit of sako from wolves tall strong but quite a bit of pace and a wicked shot. (and much cheaper) Look's a big unit these days and can play in quite a few positions. He'd cause teams real problems in this league.

6. David Nugent - coming back down with Leicester and can't see premier league clubs falling over themselves for him. Knows where the net is in this league, experienced. Think he'd be great me.

7. Harry Maguire - it would really annoy that lot and he'd only be backup in our team anyway just to show how crap they are.

8. A proper proper left back not Helan, Mattock and Dielna they are literally all awful, Mattocks the best footballer out the three though in fairness but I'd still get rid of him

What we saying that would cost in fees then?

Edited by parkerowl

Agreed in regards to all the above costing too much; Jota will go elsewhere but not here, McGugan's the word.

McGugan, McClean, Marshall, Harry Maguire plus a striker. Nugent would be a good shout but just can't see us leading the race to get him (would love to be proved wrong though!)

EDIT: Also, with Nugent isn't he getting on a bit? I'd want to spend money on someone who's got a few more years' of shelf life!

Edited by StudentOwl

For the first team, buy Lewis McGugan, Chris Wood, and the best winger we can find. Take another winger and a pacy forward, probably youngsters, on loan from the Premier League, a bit like Boro did. Any youngsters, like Jed Wallace for example, that we can take a punt on as part of the back up squad. That won't cost us a fortune and would give us a young, well balanced squad

Ah Chris Wood, I wondered how long it'd take for that future waste of money to make an appearance in this thread  lol

(Unpopular opinion I know, give me ya hate go on, I dares ya! *shakes fist*)

I'm not so sure about him either

Obviously better than what we have atm though lol

I wouldn't take McLean simply because I know quite a few who really dislike him and have said they wouldn't support a team with him in it. I know football fans are fickle and they also exaggerate but he'd have to come here and hit the ground running otherwise he could quickly become another for the boo boys.

Would it be worth the risk of splitting the fan base in a season where we want to be pushing on together? (the word I was looking for their was united but ... you know  :biggrin: )

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

If we sign harry mcguire the pigs will be spitting trotters for years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAuIxi_W8AAwFTM.jpg

I'd say sign him.

Sign him and then loan him to Barnsley

If we sign harry mcguire the pigs will be spitting trotters for years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAuIxi_W8AAwFTM.jpg

I'd say sign him.

Sign him and then loan him to Barnsley

1. McGugan - think on a better pitch surrounded by better players he'll get 20 assists and 10 goals if he plays most of the games.

2. James McClean - pacy, direct winger got that bit of a streak in him that I like in a player, abit like Maguire has. Also very hardworking and should fit nicely into our ways.

3. Ben Marshall - we all know this lads qualities, direct winger that can't half ping a ball in, dangerous when he comes inside aswell as he can shoot. Hopefully he'd be open to the move and Blackburn seriously need to cut the wage budget.

4. Jota - lad from Brentford had a really good season, I don't expect Brentford to be anywhere near as strong next season, think they'll lose players and he'll be one of them. As an alternative I'd look at Daniel Powell from MK Dons or Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth.

5. Jay Emmanuel Thomas, reminds me quite abit of sako from wolves tall strong but quite a bit of pace and a wicked shot. (and much cheaper) Look's a big unit these days and can play in quite a few positions. He'd cause teams real problems in this league.

6. David Nugent - coming back down with Leicester and can't see premier league clubs falling over themselves for him. Knows where the net is in this league, experienced. Think he'd be great me.

7. Harry Maguire - it would really annoy that lot and he'd only be backup in our team anyway just to show how crap they are.

8. A proper proper left back not Helan, Mattock and Dielna they are literally all awful, Mattocks the best footballer out the three though in fairness but I'd still get rid of him

What we saying that would cost in fees then?

No chance with Jota, Nugent or JET.

Jota is in a team well on the up, in Brentford.

Nugent is either coming down to the championship with Leicester, who will pay him a ridiculous wage, or he'll remain a premier league player. It'd be a bizzare more for him to come here.

JET will be Bristol's highest earner by some distance. There'll probably be something in his contract that boosts his wages if they get promoted. It'd take some bid to get him here. Not only the transfer bid, but the wages too.

Players I would be looking at that should should be available, either at the right price...on the cheap....or on loan. (obviously not all of them!)

Lewis McGugan

Ben Marshall

Anthony Knockeart

James McClean

Rohan Ince

Liam Moore

Ben Reeves

Jack Grealish

Lewis Baker

Sam Clucas

Bradley Dack

Chris Brunt

Ryan Gauld

John Egan

Adam Le Fondre

Jesse Lingard

Chuba Akpom

Joe Garner (if PNE don't go up)

Oliver Norwood

Barry Bannan

Nakhi Wells

Daniel Crowley

Diego Poyet

Nick Powell

Harry Maguire

Marc Albrighton

Reuben Loftus-Cheek

Gary Gardner

Jamie Paterson

Tommy Rowe

Joe Mason

Kazenga Lua-Lua

Sam Baldock

Nathaniel Chalobah

Josh McEachran

David Vaughan

Devante Cole

Edited by FlyingOwl

Too many young players on that list. We need a team to get out of the league first, which will require 'course and distance' players. McGugan is a great example of this, and others such as Woolford, Chaplow, Paterson and Byram would be the kind of player I would be looking at.

Walters is a first team regular in a mid table Premiership team, on loads of money. No chance.

Too many young players on that list. We need a team to get out of the league first, which will require 'course and distance' players. McGugan is a great example of this, and others such as Woolford, Chaplow, Paterson and Byram would be the kind of player I would be looking at.

Chaplow is a shout, as an experienced head in midfield. Don't rate Woolford at all though.

Paterson is completely viable but there is, literally, zero chance of getting Sam Byram.