New Pitch

Guest Buxtonian

Guest Buxtonian

We,ve been promised  spending of £1M on the pitch this year. Having seen H'bro for many years, especially in its hey-day when we seemed to host an FACup Semi, almost every year,and the pitch ,even a the year end, looked well, it pains me to go up into the South, half-way and see it in its present state. I appreciate that we've had to cope with some problems with drainage, and a couple of floods, but I,ve never seen it in the condition it is. However, its not the worst. Looking at the TV recently, I have seen worse - Blackpool and the Bradford pitch for two - I was interested to see the state of Goodison last night, but couldn't find whether it's artificial or not. The favourite seems to be the 'Desso', being used by many of the top clubs and of the smaller lower clubs. Do we know what it will be for us?    

We,ve been promised  spending of £1M on the pitch this year. Having seen H'bro for many years, especially in its hey-day when we seemed to host an FACup Semi, almost every year,and the pitch ,even a the year end, looked well, it pains me to go up into the South, half-way and see it in its present state. I appreciate that we've had to cope with some problems with drainage, and a couple of floods, but I,ve never seen it in the condition it is. However, its not the worst. Looking at the TV recently, I have seen worse - Blackpool and the Bradford pitch for two - I was interested to see the state of Goodison last night, but couldn't find whether it's artificial or not. The favourite seems to be the 'Desso', being used by many of the top clubs and of the smaller lower clubs. Do we know what it will be for us?

Think evertons is a desso pitch.

According to this article (http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/192023/Wembley-s-new-250-000-Desso-pitch) Wembley's pitch cost £250K but Mr Chansiri said that we are spending £1M - that money is also to fix the drainage.  Your guess is a good as mine. 

Has it been confirmed the work is going ahead though?

I know the new owner has said he has put £1million aside for the work to be done as a priority but have we actually managed to secure a firm able to do it at such short notice. I heard the rumours that we had jumped the queue ahead of the blades but is this actually true? 

Has it been confirmed the work is going ahead though?

I know the new owner has said he has put £1million aside for the work to be done as a priority but have we actually managed to secure a firm able to do it at such short notice. I heard the rumours that we had jumped the queue ahead of the blades but is this actually true?

Worrying about something not worth worrying about there mate.

When the flood hit we only spent £100k fixing it which was shambolic. Getting the desso pitch which if true cost £250k will mean money spent on drainage and the big electrical heaters you see at City Wembley and Arsenal.