Strikers for next season.

I always thought Wilson was good value, even at £3 million plus. He looked class and was sharp in thought and movement. Of course he was way out of our league back then, but if we could now be in the market for a similar player, who is there?

I suppose what I mean is, there are some lower league strikers who you know won't be able to do it at a higher level. Then there are others who might be worth a punt, but Calum Wilson always looked to me that he could do it at a higher level, even the Premier League, I reckon

Joe Garner has to be a top target, he has everything, pace, power, a good goalscoring record and he wouldn't cost a fortune. 1.5m would probably make him our player which is a steal when you think assombalonga cost 8m, Garner scored 5 less league goals for Preston in the 13/14 season but played 11 less games.

Guest wilyfox

Andy Giddings

To the #swfc fans asking about Will Keane, SG said on Monday that they'd inquire about keeping him in the summer.

Personally, I'd be against that. I think there's more to come from May, Nuhiu, Bus and Lavery. Get someone proven with experience amongst that lot and we'll do fine. One pedigree striker, two wingers, and Lewis McGugan = Boom!

Can see a bit of a fire sale at Blackburn soon.

Last set of accounts saw wages alone at 35.5m against turnover of 30m. That turnover included parachute payments which finish next season. Already in breach of FFP

Rhodes has not had his best season, often been on the bench. Can't see blackburn been in the position to command the fee the could have done last summer

Probably still out of our range though

Edited by yeadonowl

I always thought Wilson was good value, even at £3 million plus. He looked class and was sharp in thought and movement. Of course he was way out of our league back then, but if we could now be in the market for a similar player, who is there?

That's one I'm struggling with. I'm not sure who's in that bracket. We are definitely lacking some pace and arrogance up top, backed up by a good scoring record.

I get the impression Keane would be another loan deal next season, to be honest I wouldn't be bothered either way. Hopefully with our new spending power we will be able to attract an even better calibre of player.

Edited by WalthamOwl

If you could bring in just one, who would you bring in?

I've had a look at a few figures and here's 5 worth a look....

Andy Williams Swindon
Jordan Rhodes Blackburn
Joe Garner Preston
Troy Deeney Watford
Kenwyne Jones Cardiff

Its based on actual goals scored rather than whether they're glamourous or not.

If its the same one that played for Yeovil hes a really good player to be fair.

I get the impression Keane would be another loan deal next season, to be honest I wouldn't be bothered either way. Hopefully with our new spending power we will be able to attract an even better calibre of player.

I wasn't impressed with him at Reading or Ipswich, looked lightweight and always on the periphery of things. Was better at Millwall though. A perhaps more gifted version of Madine. The group is young and relatively inexperienced, so that has to be addressed. Lack of pace is a worry too, all the good sides at this level have that in their armoury. I've never seen Bus, but I gather he's more like Lavery in terms of pace, rather than say, Callum Wilson.

Edited by gurujuan

There's no value in paying well over the odds for a fellow Championship striker - like McCormack as you'd never get that amount back. A solid, astute investment in a hungry striker at a good age with the attributes we currently lack please.

There's no value in paying well over the odds for a fellow Championship striker - like McCormack as you'd never get that amount back. A solid, astute investment in a hungry striker at a good age with the attributes we currently lack please.

Which is why Wilson represented far better value than McCormack