Strikers for next season.

If you could bring in just one, who would you bring in?

I've had a look at a few figures and here's 5 worth a look....

Andy Williams Swindon
Jordan Rhodes Blackburn
Joe Garner Preston
Troy Deeney Watford
Kenwyne Jones Cardiff

Its based on actual goals scored rather than whether they're glamourous or not.

Guest Sean Gemmell

we got no chance signing deeney or rhodes 😂 they would cost upwards of £7m each

Edited by Sean Gemmell

Guest wilyfox

There's no way FFP would permit us to buy Rhodes or Deeney. If/when they move again, it would probably be to prem clubs - or those coming down with parachute payments. I'd love Kenwyne back though; how long is left on his Cardiff contract?

Think you have to look at what we lack Obviously goals, but also pace and experience. That sounds like two strikers to me, maybe the proven experienced goalscorer we require, and a pacy youngster on a season long loan.

Seriously doubt we are going to pay the £8m plus it would take to get Rhodes or Deeney.

Garner is not a bad shout. Seems to be getting better and better. Could be a bit of a Rickie Lambert mk2. He'd be pretty cheap.

I'd go for Chris Wood though first. Wouldn't cost a fortune, has experience of playing and scoring in the championship.

Seriously doubt we are going to pay the £8m plus it would take to get Rhodes or Deeney.

Garner is not a bad shout. Seems to be getting better and better. Could be a bit of a Rickie Lambert mk2. He'd be pretty cheap.

I'd go for Chris Wood though first. Wouldn't cost a fortune, has experience of playing and scoring in the championship.

Me too, Wood or similar is what we need

Guest wilyfox

Fatboy Evans said he was quoted £2.5m. Likely that Preston are coming up as well, so would take big money to prise him away.

We'll more likely be in the market for next summers Lewis Grabban or Callum Wilson. We may need to have some imagination in the market to get value for money.

I always thought Wilson was good value, even at £3 million plus. He looked class and was sharp in thought and movement. Of course he was way out of our league back then, but if we could now be in the market for a similar player, who is there?

Edited by gurujuan