Ryan Giggs

Don't trust these 'wonder' players.

They have been subjected to a regime way too narrow for my liking, especially when it comes to mid-table Championship football.

Much like Keane, they are simple not adept at coping with being in weak or losing situations.

It simply isn't in their psyche.

They have been subjected to a regime way too narrow for my liking, especially when it comes to mid-table Championship football.

Much like Keane, they are simple not adept at coping with being in weak or losing situations.

The Keane who took over at Sunderland as his first job when they were without any confidence and at the bottom end of the championship and led them to promotion in that first season? Yeah he was clueless that year..

Personally I'd love to have someone like Giggs as manager with an experienced coach to help him. Very much doubt it's us though as Chansiri spoke again today about Stuart's thoughts

Edited by Southie_Owl

The Keane who took over at Sunderland as his first job when they were without any confidence and at the bottom end of the championship and led them to promotion in that first season? Yeah he was clueless that year..

Personally I'd love to have someone like Giggs as manager with an experienced coach to help him. Very much doubt it's us though as Chansiri spoke again today about Stuart's thoughts

Managers are always judged on what they did last, so after that first year we'd have loved Keane, after his spell at Ipswich not so much, last year wouldn't we have been delighted with Malky Mackay? Seem to think that Ian Holloway was a favourite to take over from Dave Jones, would anyone take him now? Even Phil Brown was flavour of the month for a bit before he did his on pitch team talk. In this division there is probably only Mick McCarthy who hasn't really failed anywhere. Some managers fit a certain club but would fail at most others, its why getting rid of someone who is slowly improving the club is dangerous.

Yep and when the going got tough he crumbled, failed at Ipswich and jumped ship from Villa.

Giggs would be a huge gamble for whoever takes him on.

Everyone has to start somewhere but just because a player was very good doesn't mean he'll be a very good manager too.

If and when Gray is axed or switched back into a coaching role, then I would much prefer we'd gamble upon a foreign manager or a proven experienced manager.

I could see Giggs ending up at Cardiff, when Russell Slade get's axed.

I think he's watched them before and he's expressed an interest in playing for or managing them in the past, has he was born in Cardiff.

Who knows how well he'd do? He could be a disaster or he could be a success.

But just because someone played for Man United under Sir Alex doesn't mean they'll be a great manager too.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

To he fair, Wales have been sh it for the majority of his 64 caps.

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't something we'd explore at the very least. DC has spoken about raising Wednesday's profile in South East Asia and there's not many more popular clubs in this region than Man U.

I could see him being brought in to perhaps working alongside SG and to be honest I think SG would relish working alongside and helping one of the most successful footballers ever start his management/coaching career?

It would also instantly raise our profile here, possibly lift our fanbase but obviously no guarantees on that front 😉. It would be a gamble but at least it would be something different to previous appointments and a different approach is what I've wanted to see us do for a while.

Edited by Great Big Galaa