Scoreboard

Why all this fuss about a new scoreboard? The only thing it tells you of any major importance is the present score, and the time played (Hence the time left to play) If you're at the game, surely you can remember which team's scored and how many. If you can't remember that, your memory must be worse than mine, and that's saying a lot. As for the time left to lay, that is entirely in the hands of the Referee, who will NOT look at the scoreboard for his info.The only thing it could do is play replays of contentious decisions, which only lead to arguments among spectators.To be absolutely fair to the Ref, who, good or bad he may be, has to make his decision instantly, and whose only assistance is from ONE of his Linos, Assistant ref call 'em what you like.

Until the rules are altered and a fourth , or even a fifth ref to whom the main Official can call to look at replays before making his final decision, a scoreboard serves little purpose. Spend the money on either the Playing Staff or the ground.

Why all this fuss about a new scoreboard? The only thing it tells you of any major importance is the present score, and the time played (Hence the time left to play) If you're at the game, surely you can remember which team's scored and how many. If you can't remember that, your memory must be worse than mine, and that's saying a lot. As for the time left to lay, that is entirely in the hands of the Referee, who will NOT look at the scoreboard for his info.The only thing it could do is play replays of contentious decisions, which only lead to arguments among spectators.To be absolutely fair to the Ref, who, good or bad he may be, has to make his decision instantly, and whose only assistance is from ONE of his Linos, Assistant ref call 'em what you like.

Until the rules are altered and a fourth , or even a fifth ref to whom the main Official can call to look at replays before making his final decision, a scoreboard serves little purpose. Spend the money on either the Playing Staff or the ground.

You Killjoy Its a NEW SCOREBOARD and all you want is better players ,And money spent on ground .Whats the matter with you ? lol

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

And a bit of KG

Not to be pedantic because this is my perfect woman but that is 1 million percent Liz Hurley and not KG

Because the current one makes the ground look tired and dated. Changing it shows the owner cars about the ground and we are trying to improve the club rather than be left behind the times stagnating

Guest AbbeyOwl

I always think the scoreboard obsessed defines whether you have pubes or not. Mad on scoreboards = no pubes yet

No witty comments about shaving them off that joke would be below the belt lol

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against a new scoreboard, but I feel that our new owner should and will get his priorities right. After all remember that HIS budget, like ours, has its limits, and to my way of thinkings his priorities should be -

i The Team!!!!!

2 The pitch which will include the drainage

3 The Scoreboard/Cosmetic Improvements to the ground.

Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, even without Thai labour/cash.

Looking enviously on the Desso/Artificial Grass sites I notice that the new surface at the Sty will cost a measly £800k which gives some idea of what requires spending to bring the Old Lady to the standards

we are demanding.

arrested by the police. nothing wrong with this. Complies with all rules. we are aging not dying below the waist.

It's not really up for discussion but seeing as you might have missed the previous threads/posts etc, let me tell you that it definitely does not comply with Google's rules and if they get the site shut down Neil will be reyt angrymad innit.

Easy to see that most posters on here have zilch commercial experience. The current score board brings in virtually nothing in revenue. If the new one brings in just £1000 per game that is £25000 per season. £250,000 over 10 years. Believe me,as someone who was in charge of an advertising budget in a small business, I know that scoreboard will bring in far more than 1k per game, even with just 20,000 crowds. Its a captive audience.. You can't help but notice the adverts. But all we get on here are dimwits blabbing on about replays and clocks. Drag yourselves into the 21st century.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against a new scoreboard, but I feel that our new owner should and will get his priorities right. After all remember that HIS budget, like ours, has its limits, and to my way of thinkings his priorities should be -

i The Team!!!!!

2 The pitch which will include the drainage

3 The Scoreboard/Cosmetic Improvements to the ground.

Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, even without Thai labour/cash.

Looking enviously on the Desso/Artificial Grass sites I notice that the new surface at the Sty will cost a measly £800k which gives some idea of what requires spending to bring the Old Lady to the standards

we are demanding.

Or we can afford all three...we are spending a £1m on the pitch alone. I don't think this is an either/or situation.

You can't aim for the PL in two years on a shoestring budget

Edited by goh