Misleading Score Lines - Don't be fooled

Guest LEGEND

I don't think the OP is far out to be honest.

Against Middlesbrough we got a fortunate penalty, then their heads dropped. But the 1st half was terrible.

The style of football was exactly the same in both games, the difference was work-rate and tempo.

If the opposition score 1st, we are invariably screwed because we have no plan B.

This.

Sorry, I should've read the whole thread before posting my long winded version of the same thing.

Im hoping people feel the same way, this isn't a dig at Stuart Gray, well...maybe it is. But I understand why he does it...(kind of)

People were saying how impressed they were with the Middlesborough result & performance.

However, we didn't really play well did we?

We played the same style of football as we have at home all season, we slow the game down, pass from left to right, then switch a diagnal ball crossfield to Nuhiu, then our play can split into 3 ways:

• Nuhiu flicks it on and the ball falls at someones feet, usually on the wing who trys to cross.
  • Nuhiu gets fouled
  • The ball bundles around and get a scrappy half chance
When we're winning people don't seem to mind, which is fine...(it just so happens this style doesnt get us winning much)

We played exactly the same last night, apart from they got 2 lucky goals....but we stuck to our same style, but because we we're losing its quite noticebly bad.

I understand we can blame the pitch, and maybe even quality of players but surely Gray can change the style of football when we're behind?!

Im hoping for a different style on Saturday, lets actually try and get in behind Blackpools defence and have a go at playing some quick tempo football.

For me the Middlesborough performance and the Blackburn performance we're identical. We just got a lucky break on Saturday.

We have a couple of quality players and the rest vary from ok to ordinary. We play to a template that accommodates the level of players we have – this is why Gray is such a good manager. The template he has created allows the team to be organised and each player know their job. If Gray is allowed to acquire better players then I'm sure the playing template will allow more expansive football. Until then, it's more of the same.